Hockey Pool Season

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Hockey Pool Season

Post by Badfish »

I'm glad it's back... I've started up a Yahoo league, hoping there are some other CC'ers out there who'd be interested? settings are flexible so take a look and let me know!
[*edit]
Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Pools

League ID: 22263
League Name: CanucksCorner.com League 1
Password: Bieksa
League Type: Custom
Draft Type Live Online Draft
Unique League Name Not Entered
Draft Time Thu Sep 20 7:15pm PDT

The Draft date and time can also be changed, depending on what the consensus is!

Woooooooooot
Last edited by Badfish on Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

u didn't tell us the league number...

kinda hard to join it
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

I'd consider it, but you'll have to move the draft date off of the Jewish festival of Rosh HaShana for me to participate.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am in.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Sorry about that, league ID: 22263
New Draft time as well: Thursday Sept.20th at 7:15 pm

I'll make an edit above as well
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Can I half-heartedly commit? i.e. Can I register and then simply be eliminated if I'm a no-show?
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

I'm in and I've signed up. See you at the draft!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

the Muff Jackals are ready to compete in any Muff Jackal type of events :)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Muff Jackals... quality name.

Jyrki you can always sign up, and pre-rank players so that if you can't make the draft Yahoo will draft your highest ranked player available when it's your turn. Once you're drafted you can assign players to positions each day for... well all season if you've got the patience to do it all in one sitting.

So technically, if one were so inclined, one could auto-draft, and then spend an hour or two setting their lines for the season and then sit back and see how it turns out... but where's the fun in that? ;)

Either way, the more the merrier, and we'd love to have you!
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

Count me in too! Thanks for setting this up.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Muff Jackals... quality name
hey, sometimes its all about quality over quantity....

and sometimes you just turn out the lights ;p
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Badfish wrote:Muff Jackals... quality name.

Jyrki you can always sign up, and pre-rank players so that if you can't make the draft Yahoo will draft your highest ranked player available when it's your turn. Once you're drafted you can assign players to positions each day for... well all season if you've got the patience to do it all in one sitting.
Oh, I didn't realize it was going to be one of those make-adjustments-during-the-year pools. You dress X number of players each day or something? Not sure if I have the effort for that.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

The way it works is you draft however many players...can't remember off the top of my head. I've made it fairly deep teams because I like having to go into the lesser players (Cooke, Kesler etc), as opposed to a team full of near-all-stars for each team.

Every day you have the following roster spots to fill:
3 LW
3 C
3 RW
1 W (Wing, a player who plays either wing)
1 F (Forward, any forward position)
4 D
2 Utility (can be filled by any player aside from goalie)

Now it sounds like allot of work but Yahoo sets it up so you can take 5 min each day or night to quickly change your players around depending on who's playing that night and who isn't. What you can do however is go in and set the lines for each day for the next 2 weeks, or however long you want to set them for. It takes a bit longer but then you don't need to do anything but check the standings for awhile. I've had friends in previous years who have done everything on Draft day and never touched the team after day 1, when he set the positions for the whole season. Took him forever, but he didn't have to do it for the rest of the season and did fairly well.

That being said, one of the more entertaining parts of a fantasy league (for some) Is the trading and free agent pick-ups. If you make a trade or pick up a new player, last year at least (maybe Yahoo fixed this problem?) it would reset all your rosters following the trade.

This sounds allot more complicated then it is, I promise. It's fun and easy, and best of all free. Now I sound like a salesman, but we're at 5 teams and we would love to have as many CC'ers as possible! If it doesn't fill up closer to the date we might have to go public... thoughts? I'm hoping we won't need to!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

*bump*

still room for 8 more teams.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

duh... not sure if this is a good thing or not (he is a leaf's fan), but I have a guy who works in my office who wants in.... he is not a bad guy... just a Leaves fan. :P

any objections?