Linden alleged to be returning

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Linden alleged to be returning

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

I logged in looking for more discussion on this topic, but it looks like I'm going to have to start the thread (it's my first ; please be gentle).

This morning I heard Neil McRae on CFMI (and I'm afraid i have no idea how creditable a source that is) state that from what he has heard -- although nothing has been signed yet -- Trevor Linden will be back for another season.

Personally, I am in favour of that.

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Thats good to hear, although I think it's not a shock to anyone. Linden showed in the playoffs he's got one more year in him for sure. If the team wants him back, which I think they do (riightfully so, leads the team in the playoffs once again) then Trev will be back. Once again it just comes down to how much, and I'm hoping it's reasonable for both sides. Trev knows what he's worth, and so does Nonis.

I hope it's true, just so I've still got that hope of seeing Trev lift the cup... I will weep like a baby when that happens. :mrgreen:

Farhan Lalji

Re: Linden alleged to be returning

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:I logged in looking for more discussion on this topic, but it looks like I'm going to have to start the thread (it's my first ; please be gentle).

This morning I heard Neil McRae on CFMI (and I'm afraid i have no idea how creditable a source that is) state that from what he has heard -- although nothing has been signed yet -- Trevor Linden will be back for another season.

Personally, I am in favour of that.
Great news IMO.

Linden proved in this year's playoffs that he deserves another shot.

ccsqueekyfrog
AHL Prospect

Post by ccsqueekyfrog »

I heard the same thing this morning and have been waiting all day to hear something more! With the playoffs he had this year I don't think there is any doubt he is wanted and needed back! I just hope it doesn't come down to the dollars. He deserves to lift that cup this season!

Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Not a shock.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Great news. This guy is the true heart and soul of the Canucks. I wonder, however, with such an abundance of bottom 6 players. Is Nonis planning on moving someone like Cooke and prospects a more top of the roster player?

It's clear that we are very bottom-deep in this current set-up, and Cooke commands the salary and yet trade value that might make him a workable commodity.

Sedin-Sedin-Pyatt
Naslund-Morrison-??
Linden-Kesler-Burrows
Isbister-Ritchie-Cowan
Shannon

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Island Nucklehead wrote: It's clear that we are very bottom-deep in this current set-up
yeah, but it's that lack of depth that killed us in the playoffs last year. When Cooke, Greene, Kesler and Cowan were all out at the same time, we looked to Burrows (of all people) to be the entire energy for the team.....

A few extras down there are a good thing. If they play the way they are supposed to (lots of energy and hitting) they will take turns getting hurt, all play 65 games and we won't have an 'energy crisis' like we did last year.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I had heard he would be back ... got some friends that know his brother quite well ... indications were that he wanted to be back.

Grizz

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Put me down as someone who is glad to see Linden back for another year.

Chances are we'll make the playoffs and I want to see him in the lineup - not 'to hoist the Cup' - but to provide leadership for these guys.

If he decides 1/2 way through the season he wants to retire, then he can get a decent send-off too.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Another year of Linden is alright in my books. If he would just stay off to the right side of the net about 4 feet out with his stick on the ice and not move the Sedins would get him 40 goals by the end of the season . Unfortunatly he wont stay there for what ever reason.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister

RC51
CC Rookie

Post by RC51 »

Eklund says one year at $750k.

Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Eklund is a bum

it was first reported in The Pauser's Eklund type blog, as to his credibility..

well, I don't believe it, if you already know who this Pauser is, then yah, Eklund reported his source after Pauser, and the only source Pauser named was team1040.

I might as well start a blog and say that Nonis intends to challenge for the cup. :baaa:
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.

Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Robert reports that there is a 50% chance of Linden returning. Also, there is a 10% chance of this behing moved to 51%.

After some thought and Pauser-ing, he turns to the fridge to grab another cold Eklund and throw darts at Kneel mcrae's head.

Canuck2
CC Veteran

Post by Canuck2 »

Great news as long as it's for the position of Community Relations Director or something equivalent to what Lui is doing for the Lions.

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

How Linden's value can be denied is beyond me. He was ROCK solid from the moment Vigneault actually gave him icetime.....he was probably our 2nd best playoff performer next to Luongo. The guy shows up, sign him!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy