Unbiased now....

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Do you think Bertuzzi got off too lightly

Yes
4%
No
56%
Just right
28%
Who cares hes free again
12%

Total votes: 25

Mozy
MVP
MVP

Unbiased now....

Post by Mozy »

I've been talking to people an a lot of them seem to think that Todd got of lightly, in an unbiased opinion do you think he got off with just a slap on the wrist?
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

This aguement has so many sides its hard to not get into it. But I believe he has served his time and gary buttman should allow him back into the game!

If Buttman has any balls, he will end this story now!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

he served his time. getting left off team canada probably was bad enough. the courts never should've gotten involved in the first place.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Yeah, I'm just happy that hes technically free again, whether hes going to play for a while is questionable, we shall see
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Rammer
AHL Prospect

Post by Rammer »

The possibility of further action does not allow us to really address this question, but as for the courts, it is unfortunate that he was charged in the first place. The plea bargain as I understand it amounts to a sentence that he would of received had he gone through the process and lost the case for someone off the street. Added to that his name being put in every paper or TV news/sports report, I think that you have to side with his sentence being on the heavy side, so far.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

The possible civil case has nothing to do with the NHL, his and the NHL's business is now complete and Gary Buttman should release him from suspension!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Apparently, Pat Morris, Bertuzzi's agent, could be meeting with Buttman as early as the first week of the New Year about re-instatement.
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

But why should they wait so long to talk about it, after all it really shouldnt be that hard to reinstate him should it... why not just do it now and get it over with instead of this all going too late and falling around the same time as Buttman meets the board of directors for the NHL
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

i guess Gary could be waiting until Moore is able to play hockey again even if it will be beerleague. if that's the case it will take a lot more time.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The NHL has NEVER done that. Suspensions have always been based on the act & results not recovery time. However, there has never been a suspension this long before either. The McSorley thing was different because he was a bum skating into retirement & Bettman was happy enough just to get rid of him. Here we're talking about one of the NHLs top stars. Anyone know if he lost his Gatorade deal?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

I dont think gatorade would have cared at the moment because there is no hockey, but im pretty sure as far as sponsors go the same will happen to bert as happened to Olympic God Michael Phelps (phelps lost a few of his sponsorship deals for DUI)

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=369354
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

...or maybe it will just enhance his image they portray of him knocking players through multiple walls.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

ClamRussel wrote:The NHL has NEVER done that.
´

That's right....and the NHL has never stopped playing for longer than a few months ;) :cry:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:The NHL has NEVER done that.
´

That's right....and the NHL has never stopped playing for longer than a few months ;) :cry:
The lockout in '94/95 went this long if I recall correctly.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

right clam, i'm referring to this. all i want to say is that there is always a first time. ;)