Congrats to Anaheim Ducks and BRIAN BURKE and BRAD MAY

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Congrats to Anaheim Ducks and BRIAN BURKE and BRAD MAY

Post by mattola »

on winning the Stanley Cup

what a blow out against EVERY team they faced
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Ya. Great for Burke. I never care to see the team that eliminated my team go all the way but Burkie deserved it. Ugh, 3 consecutive Canadian teams to go down in the finals. Really thought this was the Sens year but you can't fault them for this. They were simply outplayed.

Bettman giving the trophy to Anaheim. Oh god, I think I'm gonna puke.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

the way he presented it and the things he said were pathetic. I hate bettman
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

mattola wrote:I hate bettman
Looks like hockey's doing well in Southern California? I bet you there wasn't more then 5,000 people outside that stadium. Drive 2 miles in any direction and 90% of the people won't even know Anaheim has a hockey team... *sigh*

I can't believe Tampa, Anaheim and Carolina have won a cup before us... Next year... Next year...
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

I hope Burkie takes a picture of himself with that cup, frames it up all nice and purolator's it to Stan" the asshole" McCammon!

Good on ya Burkie, it looks good on you.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

And thus ends the worst season of hockey in eons. Kinda fits that it's won by "ducks".
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I hope Burkie takes a picture of himself with that cup, frames it up all nice and purolator's it to Stan" the asshole" McCammon!

Good on ya Burkie, it looks good on you.

McCammon would just find a way to take the credit for Burke winning the Cup.... :lol:
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

As a guy who underestimated the Ducks, they look like one of the strongest Stanley Cup champions in years... perhaps since the late '90s Wings, or even better?

The path they took to get to the Cup had no free passes. In rounds 1 and 2 they beat the NHL's best two teams over the second half of the season in Minnesota and Vancouver, in a combined 10 games. In round 3 they dispatch perennial contenders Detroit, and then in the Stanley they took out what appeared to be the only team running even more smoothly than them.

If you can drop the 'Mighty Duck' prejudices, I think you have to appreciate just how good this team was.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

I called it. I cannot remember from recent memory a more all-star talent-laden team than this one. The only one that comes close were the 2001 Avs.
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Anaheim certainly showed up when it counted. As someone who picked Ottawa, It was an education to watch how readily they were handled by a well coached and well balanced Anaheim team. It looks like Anaheim may be the high water mark for next year as well.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Arbour wrote:It looks like Anaheim may be the high water mark for next year as well.
Indeed... in the perfectly probable event that both Selänne and Giguère re-sign with the team, not only will all their critical pieces still be in place, but they can even likely parlay Bryzgalov into more valuable assets.
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

goodbye Giguere? Seriously, what happens to ANA now?
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Game 4 was actually very entertaining, I think a lot of people tuned in for game 5 only then judged the whole series based on it. Sure game 5 was a horrible embarassment for Ottawa and a very boring game, but the games before it were very entertaining.

And to whoever said this was the worst season for watching hockey ever all I can say is WTF?

And to whoever said they want to see the team that beat their team lose I take it the opposite way: if your team is going to be beat it might as well be by the champions.

Watch the toronto media spin this Ottawa loss into the long break, injuries etc etc and give very little credit to the western conference being just that much better.

I'm glad the cup is on the west coast and I hope it stays here for many years to come.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

game 3 was great. 1 and 2 were terrible and 5 was a blow out with the sens only warriors being Alfie and probably Fisher.

im not judging the series on game 5 but overall it was pretty terrible. IMO

i thought the regular season this year was one of the most exciting with so many streaks in one division.

and the buffalo rangers series to me was one of the best to watch.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

JCardinal wrote:And to whoever said this was the worst season for watching hockey ever all I can say is WTF?
I said it, so WTF?

Outside of the Canucks (heck, including them for the 1st half) this season SUCKED, and if you've only watched hockey for the past 10 years then it's understandable you didn't get my point.

This league has become a joke, outplayed every single night by the WHL. There's almost no hitting, no toughness, and pukes like Daniel Briere are proving that. Even the hockey in the year before the lockout was far better than the crap served up by the NHL this year.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)