Kirill Koltsov signs with Russian team

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Good debate. Like some who have asked, who is following the Russian League to be able to give quality updates on their players ?

Cerios. Are you at liberty to pass along your interest and what your creds are for grading hockey talent ?

And while this thread was about Koltsov, how did Chouinard get involved ? I know, $1.1 million.
jchockey wrote: And the fact that Chouinard was picked 32nd overall is a bit strange too. Here's a player that never really excelled at the Major Junior level, but yet was picked quite high. Perhaps you can shed some light on this?
Thought this was answered.
cerios wrote: Also bringing up Chouinard is a weird thing to do since the fact that he was an established NHLer only serves to illustrate the point that there are no sure things when introducing new players regardless of what their history is.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Frankly I think the Koltsov / Canucks thing has become personel. He falls under the old CBA and there for DN can hold his rights as long as he wants. KK and his agent answers to no one but DN.

If DN is offered any thing worth while he might move him, other wise enjoy all the home comforts you can KK your going to be there for a long time
cheers
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I don't think it's personal at all. Nothing either side has even suggested that.

It's simply about money (if he doesn't have an out clause). He can make more money in teh RSL than he can in the NHL. This will happen to several mid-level Russian talents. Perezhogin I believe left as well.

The big names will still come over and there is always equal mid-level talent from other hockey leagues that will be more than happy to take NHL wages.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I spoke to DN a year ago and he told me that KK was a skilled player worth waiting for BUT

He has only proved himself on the big ice and has yet to learn the game on the smaller surface

When he come back he will start in Winnipeg because he walked out on the team from Winnipeg.

I also heard that Carlyle soon sickened of his lack of dedication at practice and then of course Bieska got sick oh him and dropped him in the parking lot one evening.

This kid has attitude and in a team sport it doesn't go down well with the likes of DN or indeed his predecessor BB
cheers
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Fred wrote:I also heard that Carlyle soon sickened of his lack of dedication at practice and then of course Bieska got sick oh him and dropped him in the parking lot one evening.
I think you're confusing him with Fedor Fedorov. I've never heard anything like this.

Moreover, Koltsov left the team to be with his sick mother in Russia, and is staying because he's making far more money than he ever could in the NHL. I'd love to see people here in his shoes do anything differently.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

This is what I heard on the Moose report a couple of years ago. During practise Randy Carlisle turned away from the players but was watching them in the glass. KK just flipped the puck in and went to the back of the line, of course Cralisle was watching and threw him out the practise.

I also heard that BB signed Bieska immiediatly he heard that not only had he drilled FF but also dropped KK in the parking lot leaving the rink. This boy is not well liked
cheers