Battle begins over ownership of Canucks

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

Battle begins over ownership of Canucks

Post by kingofrockstars »

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=206109&hubname=nhl

An epic lawsuit pitting the would-be owners of the Vancouver Canucks NHL franchise against the family that bought the team has begun in B.C. Supreme Court.

A lawyer for two prominent Vancouver businessmen is alleging Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini was originally part of a three-person group negotiating to buy a stake in the team.

They accuse Aquilini of going behind his partners' back to negotiate his own deal.

Tom Gaglardi and Ryan Beedie say they were unfairly cut out of the deal because of Aquilini's close personal relationship with Stan McCammon, former Orca Bay CEO.

The Canucks were previously owned by Seattle businessman John McCaw.

Court heard McCaw was putting in $20 million every year to keep the Canucks and GM Place afloat and never really wanted full ownership of the team.
The police never think it's as funny as you do
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Goooo Tom and Ryan Go!
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Totally misplaced at this time of the year. But it should not influence the play of our team. I guess not. ;)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Guess this battle shows that this team is pretty much a license to print money, huh?

Wish this could wait til the off season, but I expect we won't hear too much about it til then.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

I'm sure Steve Moore will be issuing a statement on this really soon. ;)
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

What a time to bring this up..I mean couldn't they wait until we have the Stanley cup to use as a centerpiece?
I Hart Luongo.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

*CanucksForLife* wrote:What a time to bring this up..I mean couldn't they wait until we have the Stanley cup to use as a centerpiece?
The timing is definitely not controlled by the parties involved. In part, it's set by the court (on hearing date), but mostly, it's set by the media who decide when the publish the story. The lawsuit has been around for a long time.