Sedins Losing Their Matchup

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

WCE
MVP
MVP

Sedins Losing Their Matchup

Post by WCE »

The Twins are getting the rough treatment this playoff and are being matched against the top checking line and defensive pairing on the other team each night.

In round one in terms of the flow of play I thought that the Barnes, Halpern, Lundqvist line outplayed them by a significant margain (With the help of Zubov). Not only did they outplay them but they also scored 5 goals. The Twins produced 3 goals that series.

Now they are being matched up against Moen-Pahlsson-Niedermeyer and I don't like what I have seen thus far. Granted that Pahlsson and Niedermeyer are two of the best defensive forwards in the game (Sammy might in fact be the best) but the Twins are going to have to find a way to pot another few goals this series.

They are having their cycle disrupted early by the opposition. Teams have figured out that the best course of action against them is to break up the cycle with pressure right away and even before it has a chance to get started. The more time they can drag the puck the greater the chance that a defensive assignment is missed or a breakdown occurs.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season

*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

Not only 3 good defensive forwards. But 2 of the best defenseman in the league also on them. They are being treated like the best line in the game.
I Hart Luongo.

Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Did they not have their best posession game yet? Anaheim just gives so much more ice than dullass and it started to show last night.

brianp
AHL Prospect

Post by brianp »

If the Sedins see the checkers, all the more room for the other lines...

I can predist the cycle, let alone pro athletes who study the tapes... They have to change it up to be more effective.
**been known to be wrong on occaision, just ask the Ex

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

No problem , if the Sedins are on the ice and the Ducks send out their checking line ... so what. Who would you rather have out there the Selanie/McDonald line or their checking line. Less time for Selanie is good IMO.

Just means our other lines have to come through, and they did,

Keep throwing the Sedins out as far as I'm concerned and keep Selanie stapled to the bench
cheers

*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

Going into home now makes the offensive zone faceoff all that more important. If the Canucks can win that faceoff in the offensive zone and keep a mis-match out there, Sedins should be able to put one in the back of the net. But it all starts with that simple faceoff which bothers me so that players underestimate it if it isn't in the last minute of the game.
I Hart Luongo.

sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

While I would agree it would help the Nux if the Sedins were contributing offensively, the fact that they are the leading ice time forwards for the Nux means the top lines for the Dux are on the bench.

The key is to be successful on the PK, eat up minutes 5-5 with the Sedins/Pyatt and hopefully frustrate the hell out of the Dux.

In the post season it's all about the "w'. Doesn't matter who is putting up the goals & assists, as long as someone is.

gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Agreed, the longer the twins are in the offensive zone with the puck, the less they worry about the opposition's top line in our end.

Would be a good homecoming if they could stick one in the net while they were down there. Pyatt seems to have figured out how to get to the net, so hopefully the draught will end soon.
They had more than a few dangerous looking shifts last night, particularly the one just before Nazzy's goal.

Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Nucks now have home ice advantage so to speak, so I think things might be a little different playing at home. Perhaps the Sedins can get fired up at home and the Canucks can win a game by more than one goal with out an EN goal.

Am I the only one though who thinks the canucks need to be a little more vicious? I mean comon. All the other teams Run Luongo like he's the Vancouver Sun Run, but when was the last time we ran Turco, or Giguere? or any goalie for that matter? We gotta start taking a couple more cheap shots to send across a message.
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch