Brutal Realization

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Brutal Realization

Post by SRsez »

Canucks win - in double OT - with Krajicek & Sopel as the #1&2 defensemen on the team!?!

I'm sorry, but that stat just doesn't look good for Anaheim.

How much should I sell my brother's club seats to game 3 for?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I was absolutley amazed at how the Canucks and especialy the young d-men responded.

I had completely written the Canucks off after game one and they come back with this!! Wow.

Kajichek and Edler played like season veterens.

Still too many chances for Selanne. Would someone please hit that bug kunitz!

Almnost don't want to congradulate Naslund on the goal for fear of a thousand posts(IF THE SITE COULD HANDLE IT) on the play that led to the Anahiem goal or the two totaly obvious dives that talented bitch Selanne pulled.

Nice to see Linden and Cowan combine for the winner. Trevor gave them some of there own medicine by hammering the defender into the end boards and making a nice pass to Cowan. I still don't know how that went in.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister

gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Agreed. Blood and guts on display out there last night.

Simply a gutsy effort from a bunch of guys who shouldn't have had a chance.
Sometimes the worst thing you can do to an opponent like the Canucks is to count them out.
Adversity seems to be something this team welcomes.

The Canucks were looking like the "Bad News Bears" of hockey out there last night.
Wait a minute... what was that other movie? Kinda like the Bad News Bears, except on ice?

Oh yeah..the Mighty Ducks... LOL
:twisted:

brianp
AHL Prospect

Post by brianp »

Everyone stepped up and played as they could last night...

Really disappoints me though to see long-standing Canucks fans write them off after 1 brutal game... :mad:

Is there any home of True Canucks fans??? :cry:

I've been say all along, Canucks in 6 (or 7)
**been known to be wrong on occaision, just ask the Ex

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The defense IMO played pretty solid last night. There were one of two gaffs, but then again that was quiet a gaff the Ducks made that resulted in Naslunds goal. Edler looked comfortable Ohlund was strong on the wall and Sopel was effective killing penalties. He was getting real good body position and stripping the attacker of the puck. They we all IMO cool under pressure and continued to make plays skating out the zone
cheers

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

ververgaert wrote:Nice to see Linden and Cowan combine for the winner. Trevor gave them some of there own medicine by hammering the defender into the end boards and making a nice pass to Cowan. I still don't know how that went in.
Yeah, that Linden's sure washed up, isn't he? He's only got points on 4 of 5 game winners. Maybe it's time he hung them up, right POS11?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Yeah brian p there are lots of true Canuck fans. I'm one of them. I'm also realistic. The team was slaughtered in game one. Not beaten but slaughtered.

When you see a team dominated that badly common sense tells you there probably not coming back.

That dosn't mean I wasn't in front of my t.v at seven last night cheering them on and calling the refs and the Ducks a bunck of c!@k sauckers, hoping for the best but expecting somthing less.

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Yeah Sez I thought I saw somthing in Trevor in game one against the Stars. I was thinking " Wow he saved some for the playoffs, brilliant, maybe he's been here before!"

It took some others a little longer to see it , or they had to have the media point it out for them.

Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

I just cant seem to stand all the fickle fans out there who hop on and off the Vancouver Bandwagon faster than a bunch of Calgary fans.

But thank god Mitchell was okay, if we were down to Edler, Sopel, Ohlund Kraijeck, Fitzpatrick and another call up, i hesitate to think what might happen.
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch

Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

but on the other side.

think of our defense when #3 and #6 comes back.

we can ease them into the games instead of throwing them into the fire right away.

*waits for JOS11*

*points at Linden's point totals in game 7s*

WHO's the one that steps up when the team needs him the most?
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.

randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

WHO's the one that steps up when the team needs him the most?

Sure as in the hell is never Naslund.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

brianp wrote:Everyone stepped up and played as they could last night...

Really disappoints me though to see long-standing Canucks fans write them off after 1 brutal game... :mad:

I laugh when I look at the bandwagonners in this town. Before Game 1, how many cars did I see with Canuck flags on their windows? Lots. After Game 1 after the Canucks got blown out 5-1 how many did I see? Not many.

Guess how many were out today after the double OT win the other night? You guessed it.

I shouldn't talk since I picked Dallas to win the first series and I don't have a flag on my car. Sorry, grew up a BC Lions fan, not a Canucks fan. Having said that, I can't help but laugh at the bandwagonners and 'fans' who cheer on the Canucks when it's 'fashionable'.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

brianp wrote:Everyone stepped up and played as they could last night...

When the thread came out about second round predictions ... I predicted the Ducks to win ... for me it wasn't a matter of writing them off - it was just my opinion based on what I know about hockey... my prediction though ... as far as I am concerned has nothing to do with whether or not I am a "true Canuck fan" .... now I am not sure if I speak for everyone who may have said the Canucks would lose but I am sure some are in the same boat.

Bottom line is ... I would absolutely love the Canucks to win .... nothing's changed there.

Grizz

Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

A person can have a realistic outlook on their team's chances and still be a "true fan."

Picking the Ducks to win the series doesn't mean you don't like the Canucks.

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I guess I'm one of those delirious 'never say die' fans. I will never predict that the Canucks will lose a game or a series. If we're down by 3 with 6 minutes left, I'm guy saying "A lot can happen in 6 minutes, we just need a goal every 2 minutes" That's what faith is, believing in something you can't see.

I've supported this team since day 1. There's been stretches when I haven't followed hockey much, but when I'm watching my team play- they're still in it until the buzzer sounds or they're shaking hands.

I don't doubt other fans loyalty for predicting a series loss, it's just not something I'd do.

As for people on and off the bandwagon - they're not fans - I'm sure they follow trends in other aspects of their life as well.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound