2nd round prediction thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Post by nuxfanindallas » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:38 am

NJ over OTT in 7
SJ over DET in 6
BUF over NYR in 6
NUCKS over DUCKS in 4.

Rack me.

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:27 am

It's a very good thing if the experts don't give Vancouver a chance... they don't need the expectations, and it kind of reminds me of 1994.

mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:59 am

I'm 5-0 in predicting Canucks victories when I've posted predictions on this site, so I'm not about to change my strategy now!

VAN over ANA in 6
S.J over DET in 6
BUF over NYR in 5
OTT over N.J in 6

tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:58 pm

sens over the devils in 7 games - spezza will be incredible
sabers over the rangers in 6 games - gonna be a high scoring series
Sharks over Wings in 5 games- sharks are just too big of a team for the wings
CANUCKS over the ducks in 6 games -as long as they win, i dont care how they have to do it!
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:04 pm

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else read 24 today? I was reading fans predictions and noticed they looked distinctly familiar. Seems someone picked up a couple of the predictions from this thread and posted them in the newspaper. Credit was given to canuckscorner.com but I thought it was kind of cool to see this site in the paper. I think it was Jelly's, Levelheaded's and nucks_girl's posts that made it.

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:53 pm

Detriot - San Jose.

Despite having Todd Bertuzzi San Jose is just to big and plays way too physical for the smaller Redwings to have a chance.

Vancouver- Anahiem

The biggest mis-match in the second round. Men against boys. Anahiem in 4

Senators- New Jersey

To different styles collide. I hope for the sake of all that is good the Senators style wins out.

Rangers - Buffalo

The travel must be killing them! Nyr = fake, Buff= real. Buffallo in 5.

5for8 round 1
Don Cherry for Prime Minister

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:25 am

Hockey 'experts" have always touted three things that are necessary to succeed in the playoffs:

1) great goaltending
2) good team defence/discipline
and

3) depth.

Anaheim may just prove that #3 isn't needed. They are team that really doesn't have any depth. They only have three lines: 2 scoring (one completely inconsistent), 1 checking line. The fourth line gets 2 or 3 shifts a game. They basically only play 4 D-men.

They get a couple of injuries and all of a sudden that Ducks team isn't nearly as strong.

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:26 am

Hockey 'experts" have always touted three things that are necessary to succeed in the playoffs:

1) great goaltending
2) good team defence/discipline
and

3) depth.

Anaheim may just prove that #3 isn't needed. They are team that really doesn't have any depth. They only have three lines: 2 scoring (one completely inconsistent), 1 checking line. The fourth line gets 2 or 3 shifts a game. They basically only play 4 D-men.

They get a couple of injuries and all of a sudden that Ducks team isn't nearly as strong.

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:53 am

Zactly, T. How good will they be if Niedermayer got a busted ankle?

Even up front, how great is Teemu Selanne? Sure he can go around Dopel, who can't? Bieksa-lent would make a huge difference.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:00 am

Zactly, T. How good will they be if Niedermayer got a busted ankle?

Even up front, how great is Teemu Selanne? Sure he can go around Dopel, who can't? Bieksa-lent would make a huge difference.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum » Tue May 08, 2007 8:13 am

SR....

Looks like you forgot to take into account the disappearing act that is the San Jose Sharks!

nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl » Tue May 08, 2007 9:04 am

rockalt wrote:Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else read 24 today? I was reading fans predictions and noticed they looked distinctly familiar. Seems someone picked up a couple of the predictions from this thread and posted them in the newspaper. Credit was given to canuckscorner.com but I thought it was kind of cool to see this site in the paper. I think it was Jelly's, Levelheaded's and nucks_girl's posts that made it.
i know this is an old message, but i couldn't respond to it before because of server problems. 24 actually quoted people from canuckscorner every 2nd or 3rd day from the opening round onwards. i think i was in there 3 times :lol: