Liberties with Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

PigSkin_53
AHL Prospect

Liberties with Luongo

Post by PigSkin_53 »

What are your feelings about the Stars hoping to unnerve Luongo's focus from his game, or injure Roberto surreptitiously after the whistle has gone, in more than several instances during this series?
sirensong
CC Rookie

Post by sirensong »

If you think dallas is in his face then your in for a big shock if we play SJ or Ana.
In the words of Julius Caesar: "Veni, Vidi, Vici, Luongo". Translation: "I came, I saw, i was shut out by Luongo".
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

It happens - it's playoff hockey. One of the reasons why Cloutier failed was because he couldn't keep his emotions in check and players who gave him a little bump took him off his game. It doesn't seem like it fazes Luongo much.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

If Luongo is complaining to the refs and the players to the media about it then the Stars are doing their job. They've been walking the fine line of getting in his face without running him.

This is only a sign of things to come. Luongo plays an aggressive game where he comes out of the crease to cut down the angles and challenge the shooters. He's going to get bumped.
R.I.P. Luc.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

people bitching too much about Lou getting bumped suck it up and take liberties with Turco. its playoffs. if hes out of the crease its fairgame. if its in then the refs have to start calling it like they did last night (at least once)

anything extra after play should be called

but

we wont get these calls so we need to fight threw it and just Win on Saturday. if you think this is bad just imagine what it will be like if we beat the Stars and play anaheim. The dirtiest player against goalies in the NHL Rob Neidermeyer will be all over Bobby Lou. This is a warm up if we get there.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

He doesnt seem to bother Luongo one bit. I think that the fact that the stars are running Luongo intentionally and trying to hurt him proves how good he is. they figure if they can get him off his game they have a shot at the series... but mentally and physically Luongo is a tough guy... im not worried about it, but i would like to see the team sending more of a message to the stars that if you hit Luongo your gona get hit harder.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Clearly he's no Hasek with his "antics". :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
PigSkin_53
AHL Prospect

Post by PigSkin_53 »

Bartman wrote:If Luongo is complaining to the refs and the players to the media about it then the Stars are doing their job. They've been walking the fine line of getting in his face without running him.

This is only a sign of things to come. Luongo plays an aggressive game where he comes out of the crease to cut down the angles and challenge the shooters. He's going to get bumped.
Agreed in whole and part!

Accurate observation Bartman, as this is one of the most intangible traits that Luongo has to his already extraordinary resume of character.

Compare this attribute with that of Ottawa's Ray Emery's potential composure under pressure and you will see what I mean!