Barch in

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Barch in

Post by Meerschaum »

It looks like the Stars will play tough guy Krys Barch in place of the injured Jussi Jokinen.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 97181.html

Expect him to try and goad Mitchell or Bieska into a fight - if Tippett can ever get that match up.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Note that there is also a chance that Lindros takes Jokinen's place. He did make the trip this time. Expect a game time decisions.

From what I understand Lindros was not close to coming back for game 3 so i wonder how effecitve he will be if he does play today. Perhaps the Stars simply want him stand in front of the net on the PP? Expect a game time decision and if he plays I expect it'll take one good hit to put him out of the game.

I have to wonder if the Stars activate the defence from the get go to try to get more scoring chances. If they do the canucks have to be ready on the counter attack and to light Turco up like a Christmas tree.

2 scenarios for the game IMO: : 1) Dallas come out hard and competes hard like they did in game 2 and with a better canucks effort we have a good tight game; or 2) the Stars play like they have sounded since the end of game 3....defeated.

The canucks better be prepared for scenario 1.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

When your left with choices between an unhealthy Lindros or your team goon, it sure as heck show a little anxiety on their part.

It also shows the faith the Canucks management has with the Moose players. In the same siuation there was no hesitation from DN
cheers
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Fred wrote:When your left with choices between an unhealthy Lindros or your team goon, it sure as heck show a little anxiety on their part.

It also shows the faith the Canucks management has with the Moose players. In the same siuation there was no hesitation from DN
Not only that but Barch is also coming off injury and isn't 100%. And the story before the series began was teh lack of depth the canucks had!