Kerry Fraser not in 2007 Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Kerry Fraser not in 2007 Playoffs

Post by mattola »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=203480&hubname=nhl

I say good. Im tired of his bad calls and more than biased reffing against the Canucks (and the Flames to boot)

I hate Fraser
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

I really like the league's efforts to have the best ref's making the best calls.

Bad calls can absolutely ruin a big game,remember Hull's skate in the crease in 99/00 :look:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Bad calls can absolutely ruin a big game
Otto kicked it in ;)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Have to agree on this. Fraser is done. That delay of game call against Roberto was bush league. Glad to not see him in this years playoff.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Mantle
CC Veteran

Post by Mantle »

I think Fraser actually calls a good game. Certainly better than McGeough or Schick who both made it in somehow.
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

I wonder what their criteria was?

Do they reward the refs with the most hooking calls through the regular season with playoff spots? :roll:

There should be a stats page kept for refs.

average penalties per game
type of penalties called
a plus/minus stat based on video replay

Stats to be kept by some independent agency NOT gagged, muzzled or otherwise beholding to Betman and the league.

The refs have become such a factor in the 'new' NHL; we should be able to track their stats. I get so tired of the commentators falling over backwards to justify ghost calls.

If the refs screw up they should say it like it is. "That was a rediculous call!!! What the hell was he thinking??? That call wasn't even close !!! He'd like to have that one back. :oops:

The commentators are happy to rip a player for a bonehead play. They should hold the refs to the same standards. It might keep me from hurling a beer at the new TV.
Last edited by whistler on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirensong
CC Rookie

Post by sirensong »

Thank god.
In the words of Julius Caesar: "Veni, Vidi, Vici, Luongo". Translation: "I came, I saw, i was shut out by Luongo".
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

I like Hasenfratz. He's a local (Franklin, TN). And he manages to kick the puck to our guys.