Where would we be in the standings without "the deal

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Ilike seeing Roberto make the big saves Cookie, thatas obviously entertaining, considering the tuff time ( putting it mildly) that Canucks keepers have had in the recent past. I still cheer and get overly excited when they score. It's just that alot of the time I watch them this season I have no trouble walking away from my t.v. and that has never happened before.
I know I'm not going to miss much except maybe a great save. No one fights, very few big hits, ( really who saw the Bulis hip check coming? not me! loved it though), they don't even seem to stick up for each other.

This dosn't mean I don't wish them sucsses, I do despite what I wrote about Betuzzi single handedly destroying them.

I just find the style they play and the lack of toughness dosn't appeal to me personally, the same way Minny and New Jersey's style dosn't appeal to me.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dangler »

Soapy wrote:AV would have lost his mind with Bertuzzi - laziness & not a team player, Naslund riding shotgun with Bert in the cliche, Special Ed with his bone head plays & super high salary, Cloutier/Auld letting in the weak goal at the wrong time....sometimes the best thing for a team is not what you add...its what you remove....the Canucks have grown stronger with addition by subtraction.....
Other than forgetting Crawfords pandering of the above mentioned players I think you've summed it up perfectly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams undergo major line-up changes in the off-season
given the Canucks success.

And i find it much more entertaining hockey when the players are actually trying to win games as a team rather than watch some undisciplined ,overpaid goof who has no concept of team play sulk and whine and destroy any chance of winning.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Gee Dangler I don't remember Auld sulking and whining? I do remember him destroying any chance of the team winning.
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

Soapy wrote:AV would have lost his mind with Bertuzzi - laziness & not a team player, Naslund riding shotgun with Bert in the cliche, Special Ed with his bone head plays & super high salary, Cloutier/Auld letting in the weak goal at the wrong time....sometimes the best thing for a team is not what you add...its what you remove....the Canucks have grown stronger with addition by subtraction.....
so true Bert had to go & this team is waaaaay better for it.
:cheers:
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

How does Auld suddenly become the bad guy from last year? He was a green rookie forced into a starters job and considering the utter lack of defense in front of him I don't think he did that badly.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

if Auld had the defense we have this year, we could easily squeak into the playoffs at the 7th or 8th spot.

Auld only has two defensemens infront of him really down in Florida, the rest are at the beaches.

basically, i think Auld was the upside that was needed to get Luongo, Bert was more of a risk, if Bert turned back the clock, Keenan would be praised as a god.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

ververgaert wrote:I just find the style they play and the lack of toughness dosn't appeal to me personally, the same way Minny and New Jersey's style dosn't appeal to me.
You're just getting old and you're just spoiled by the glory 70ies. :lol: ;)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dangler »

ververgaert wrote:Gee Dangler I don't remember Auld sulking and whining? I do remember him destroying any chance of the team winning.
I was referring to Bert

I thought Auld did a pretty good job as a rookie back-up considering the dysfunctional "core" he was surrounded by.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yeah, I love the bashing of the BACKUP goalie...blaming him for missing the playoffs. :roll:
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Yeah I'm definatly getting a little long in the tooth. But I think my eyesight is still good enough to know that the" backup" goalie that played in 67 games last season was one of the biggest reasons for the teams lack of sucsess.

Of course its not A.A's fault that he's no good, Mark Crawford should have realized this and went with someone else or put pressure on Nonis to get him a N.H.L caliber goalie.

Drink that kool-aid Dangler!