DETNEWS giving the Canucks respect and Berts return

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

DETNEWS giving the Canucks respect and Berts return

Post by kingofrockstars »

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 7703190323

Monday, March 19, 2007

Ted Kulfan: Burning Questions
Burning questions as the Wings lick their wounds from Saturday night's 4-1 beating in Vancouver:

Q. What happened against the Canucks?
A. One thought emerged immediately: The Canucks look like they will be a force in the playoffs. I have a suspicion they might be the Oilers of 2006 or the Flames of 2004.
The Canucks have an all-world goalie in Roberto Luongo. (Now, really, did anyone think the Wings were going to rally from that 3-1 deficit after two periods Saturday?) It's similar to what the Wings enjoy when Dominik Hasek is on his game.
It makes all the difference in the world when you have the confidence of knowing that your goalie will not surrender a lead in the third period.
That's what Luongo did Saturday night, just like he has done so frequently this season. His play has changed the culture in the Canucks' locker room.
Add Luongo's presence to a balanced team with an adequate defense -- and a coach (Alain Vigneault) who is pushing all the right buttons -- and it's a dangerous mix for any playoff opponent.

Q. When is Todd Berutzzi going to play?
A. All signs point to this homestand coming up, beginning Thursday against Columbus. That particular game probably won't be Bertuzzi's debut, but Saturday's game against St. Louis looks like a good possibility, or next Monday's important clash against Anaheim.
Bertuzzi has been skating well, but it will be interesting to see how he reacts to contact and how quickly he can get back into NHL shape.
The police never think it's as funny as you do
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Detroit lost that game because they couldn't finish their chances, they kept missing the net.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

actually, Detroit lost because Vancouver scored more goals.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I hate to do this, but I gotta bite. I guess the win had nothing to do with Lungo's 32 saves? Or the fact that Vancouver scored 4 goals to Detroit's 1.

Idiot.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Detroit lost that game because they couldn't finish their chances, they kept missing the net.
Wow... :roll:
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I will not respond to or be suckered in to replying to trolls............ :?