Chris Simon Is in DEEP Trouble

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Chris Simon Is in DEEP Trouble

Post by levelheaded »

Two handed Slash to Hollweg's head. He's facing a lengthy suspension. *sigh* Just what the NHL needed on the 3rd anniversary of the Todd Bertuzzi / Steve Moore Incident.

EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ht6RyAI9370

Brutal... Not as bad as McSorely, but still awful. I hope he's gone for the rest of the regular season.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Brutal! I would say that it's worse than McSorley's.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Let's not go overboard...that was no where near as brutal as McSorley.
I hate to compare car accidents but Simon hit him from the front ...sure it was a slash in the face area...sure Simon will be suspended for a long time...but to compare it to the cowardness of a temple shot from behind like McSorley is too much. The Domi sucker punch on Samuelson or his elbow on Niedermayer are way worse han this....Cornuck, I always respect what you have to say but this reaction BS by Simon...IMO .....is not as bad as the Neil hit or the Jansen hit.....they are all really bad & the NHL just does not care....if Jansen got 3 games but no PIM....& Orpick on Cole got 0 games......& Tucker on Peca got 0 games.....what are they going to do about this......Steve Moore will be getting less & less money if the NHL continues to let this happen.........oh wait a minute.....no I won't go to the conspiracy thing........I know these are bad comparisons to tonight but they are great examples of the NHL faling to police itself............McSorley is in the Bertuzzi/Dale Hunter class....and I mean that in the worse way...just my thoughts...
Last edited by Soapy on Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

Vicious! Simon should be suspended for a long, long time.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Not to defend McSorley at all, he deserved all he got and more for his slash, but in my books this is worse. Lucky the result wasn't!

McSorley was trying to give Brashier a smack upside the head so he would turn around and fight. Simon was trying to take this guys head off! Both were bone headed, brutal slashes but this one seemed to have more intent to injure. Say hello to a long suspention Mr Simon.
R.I.P. Luc.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Simon gives neanderthals a bad rap. Jerk . . .

Five games.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Bartman wrote: McSorley was trying to give Brashier a smack upside the head so he would turn around and fight. Simon was trying to take this guys head off! Both were bone headed, brutal slashes but this one seemed to have more intent to injure.
Exactly, this is why I feel it is worse. Brashear was not hit that hard. It caught him off guard and he fell. The force of the stick didn't knock him over. (IMO)
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Cornuck wrote:
Bartman wrote: McSorley was trying to give Brashier a smack upside the head so he would turn around and fight. Simon was trying to take this guys head off! Both were bone headed, brutal slashes but this one seemed to have more intent to injure.
Exactly, this is why I feel it is worse. Brashear was not hit that hard. It caught him off guard and he fell. The force of the stick didn't knock him over. (IMO)
as we have learned with the Bertuzzi thing...oh my god my neck is broken.....that it is not the severity of the injury that determines the length of the suspension...it is where it happened & how many times it has been shown on US television that will be the ultimate judge on what happens.....

Brashear was not hit hard ???? was he wearing a helmet? did he still get knocked out?? Put a hockey helmet on & I will gently hit you in the temple....come on man....I know its IMO but.....
-- Winston Churchill
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

After watching the Brashear clip again, I would rather you hit me there than in the face like Simon ;)
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

my point was the cowardness.....& I would never...unless you speared me in the nuts...then its rabbit season...or duck season....
-- Winston Churchill
Island fan
CC Rookie

Post by Island fan »

I wonder if he'll be as vilified as Bert or McSorely were. Making examples of big names is fun and all but dirty hits are dirty hits. I say his season ends here.
For some reason this off season feels longer than normal.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Island fan wrote:I wonder if he'll be as vilified as Bert or McSorely were. Making examples of big names is fun and all but dirty hits are dirty hits. I say his season ends here.
very good call...but does it send a message
-- Winston Churchill
IgotachubbyforChubarov
AHL Prospect

Post by IgotachubbyforChubarov »

Bartman wrote:Not to defend McSorley at all, he deserved all he got and more for his slash, but in my books this is worse. Lucky the result wasn't!

McSorley was trying to give Brashier a smack upside the head so he would turn around and fight. Simon was trying to take this guys head off! Both were bone headed, brutal slashes but this one seemed to have more intent to injure. Say hello to a long suspention Mr Simon.
I remember reading somwhere that McSorley said he was actually trying to tap Brash on the shoulder, and his stick glanced off and smacked him in the head. God only knows whether that's true or not, but I don't think he meant to knock Brashear out cold.

Simon on the other hand, two-handed a man across the face, clearly attempting to hurt him. Much worse than McSorley IMO.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Tap Brash on the shoulder...yeah, I heard that one too..........what a pile of shit.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

WOW...I watched for the 4th time..on tv....I still don't see a suspension or a comparison to the McSorley thing........clearly attempting to hurt someone does not warrant a suspension.....ask the NHL.... Holwig does not play for the leaves.....ask Phaneuf or Domi or Stevens.......he clearly wanted to hit him with his stick...but did he break his neck?....did he hit him on the nose? was there blood?? did the ref call an intent to injure penalty? was there a call at all? did the call the head office in Toronto..oh wait..the head office is in NY..or is it....tap on the shoulder....just sticking my leg out....goodbye Bobby Orr, Cam Neely....its old time hockey....my kid has spine damage chasing an icing call playing junior fucking 'b'...ya good times..you want to see a sucker punch or a hit from behind or an intent to injure...go watch a minor miget or bantam game......good canadian kids?????
-- Winston Churchill