Steve Moore "Breaking the Silence" Again

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Great, and Moore was on TSN today too. God I hate this crap.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:

Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:19 pm

This time I'm not sure whether Moore requested it for TSN does it as a response to CBC. CBC got a lot of publicity by airing the Moore's first TV interview in 3 years, and the ratings was probably good. So TSN is forced to respond as a competitor. What it shows, however, is that Moore never turns down any opportunity to appear on TV and is out to mislead the public. Case:

When asked if he had any contact with Bertuzzi, Steve Moore answered by "The only thing I can say is that I have never received a private apology." That's as deceptive as you can get without lying. He was the one who refused to let Bertuzzi contact him, and now he's complaining that he's never received any apology in private? I wish Bertuzzi would come out and tell the world that he's tried 100 times and every single time he was refused by Moore or his representives for any direct meeting or phone conversation.

gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:24 pm

I'm not sure who I'm more disgusted with.

Steve Moore for his legal antics and revisionist version of events, or the CBC for broadcasting this one sided biased "story" that seemed to be scripted by his lawyer.

Not surprised to see Bert is set to return to the ice, and Steve is back pleading his case.

You don't hear his former captain or former team supporting him anymore either.

The guy's only value to any team is that Bert isn't allowed to play against him, as part of his guilty plea in court.

This whole thing is the biggest mess in the history of The Game. Bert's dumb-ass move on the ice is now rivaled only by this greedy litigation.

Oh how I wish it would go away.

randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Oh how I wish it would go away.
Couldn't have said it any better, myself.

It's just plain weaselish for Steve Moore to say he hasn't gotten a private apology.... but then again, it was the same thing when Pierre Lacroix said he had a broken neck and was lucky to be alive. :roll:

I hope Bert comes back strong and crams it down this guy's throat.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:47 pm

The radio guys were going on & on that the public just does not get it...Bertuzzi was wrong & Moore is the victim...this is the base of their arguement....which is fine ...Bertuzzii was wrong...but the injury does not fit the crime....you have all heard it a million times before I would guess...but Moore reminds me of the person that was in the car accident/fender bender & has the sore back/neck & can never play the violin again...even though he never played the violin in the first place....he just seems like the person cashing in on the 'accident' & nothing has been proven to me that its anything less than that.
The whole recovery cover-up has been as obvious as the real search for the killer by OJ...where has he been & what has he been doing.....if I was an insurance investigator I would be all over this guy....he's been invisible when we look for him but perfectly available (Under his terms) when Bert does something...I would guess that the radio guys don't want the lawyer trouble so they just tow the line on this one...pathetic as this guys credibility has been shot at every turn
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill

sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:56 pm

Moore is a weasel and is after all the money he can get, and you gotta have sympathy to get that. Never mind what the truth is. This sad weepy profile that he projects makes me want to vomit.

He certainly cares about the game doesn't he?

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:09 am

Steve Moore didn't deserve what happened to him. Todd Bertuzzi made a stupid move when he lost his marbles trying to get back for Moore's hit on Naslund. But that's the harshest criticism I will give to Bertuzzi. He did play some excellent hockey as a Canuck. Moore wanted to make the NHL and played the agitator for Tony Gutless. His hit on Naslund should have been a suspension, Nazzy wasn't carrying the puck and Moore overskated the puck and slammed into him. Later on Moore crosschecks Martin St Louis from behind into the boards and again isn't penalized or suspended. It was only a matter of time before someone gave it to Moore, maybe he wouldn't have been injured as bad in another incident. The truth is he played outside the rules to make the NHL yet is bitter someone clocked him the way he clocked others. The incident reflects more on how poorly the NHL is run, with Bettman and especially Colin Campbell handing out discipline. I've accused this regime of favoritism many times. No one from the 2 time SC winning, WalMart family owned Avalanche was going to be suspended and Campbell's chippy retorts after reviewing Moore's hit on Naslund made things worse, like a patriarch defending the actions of a spoiled family member. This is the reason why Bettman is trying to broker an out of court settlement, there's no way he wants Campbell supoenaed by Bertuzzi's lawyer and forced to testify because it would reveal him to be nothing more than a Bettman Stooge/Yes Man. The NHL wouldn't wanted Tony Gutless (aka Tony Granato) called to the stand to explain why he left Moore on the ice either.

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:35 am

Wait a minute...if Esa Tikkanen would have been sucker punched by anyone in the league at the time...& been knocked out....with his neck in jepordy...would you have cared??
& I mean worse than Domi on Samuelson or Domi On Niedermayer which thankfully did not end up in a 13 BIllion lawsuit....
If Matt Cooke got suckered by Booogard, or Roy ( who was sent out the other night by a team that has no business caring about us) & could not play would we all say that he didn't get what may be coning to him???
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:07 am

The teams involved definitely made a differerence, make no doubt about it. I'm by no means exonerating anyone, but I had at least a couple fans of eastern teams say to me in private that they couldn't see the NHL or general public coming down as hard on, say, a Toronto Maple Leaf. The Canucks were already relatively unpopular as far as Canadian teams went, and you have to think that plays a role.

I don't even think the NHL is being consciously biased here -- the subconscious is a powerful tool (read Malcom Gladwell's Blink), and the NHL knows where its bread and butter comes from, which are the sexiest markets for TV coverage, etc. It's a lot easier to scapegoat a Nashville Predator or an Anaheim Duck than it is a member of the NHL's elite (NYR, TOR, PHA, COL, DET, etc.) Brian Burke picked up on the imbalance in treatment during the Detroit playoff series in 2002. He was whiney about it, and didn't help matters, but he wasn't particularly wrong, and it's certainly not only the Canucks who are affected by it.

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:36 am

mr perfect wrote:Steve Moore didn't deserve what happened to him.

Can you be any more wrong?

Steve Moore got exactly what he deserved. No more, no less.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:23 pm

SRsez wrote:
mr perfect wrote:Steve Moore didn't deserve what happened to him.

Can you be any more wrong?

Steve Moore got exactly what he deserved. No more, no less.
Srez, I don't like Moore anymore than you do. I don't like the way he thinks he should be entitled to injure other players but be able to scream rape as if he was the virginal Little Red Riding Hood and that big, bad wolf Todd Bertuzzi came along to sodomize and assault him. It smacks of him feeling he should be privilaged and not be held accountable for his actions. I don't like the way "lawsuit" was mentioned immediately after the incident 3 years ago, how he believes he and his family are entitled to $19 million. I'm surprised he and his family aren't trying to sue Chris Simon for the trama they received watching Simon smack Hollweg.There's no doubt in my mind Moore, a 4th line fringe player in the NHL on a team full of stars was enjoying the notorioty and attention from his hit on Naslund. I question his PCS as he knows what the symptoms are and could be telling his doctors what he wants to tell them and I question what he is doing to get on with his life and minimize the damage. He comes across as a professional accident victim trying to hit the big financial home run off this incident. Having said that, Moore was doing what you and I would have done in the exact same situation he was in, namely doing what a fringe NHLer needed to do to make the NHL. Moore wasn't talented enough to get to the NHL without doing the things he did under the direction of his coach, Tony Gutless. That's what got him into the Show. So when it comes down to the blame, Bertuzzi is to blame, Crawford is to blame, Tony Gutless is to blame, Bettman and Campbell, Moore himself in a small way. 9 times out of 10 a sucker punch such as the one he received doesn't result in the extensive injuries he suffered. Trying to say he deserved his injuries legitimizes those who claim Brashear deserved to get clocked by McSorley. I don't know about you but I don't want to be in that camp.

sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:33 pm

You know, I never really thought about it at the time, but with Moore whining like a 5 year old, and looking into the camera with weepy eyes and halting voice when he talks about maybe never playing again, I have a ton of respect for Brashear. His incident was every bit as horrible IMO, but he never once put himself above the league, or ever hinted at a lawsuit, like that piece of shit moore.
He obviously does not give a shit about the league to keep giving it a black eye whenever it settles down.
I'm with mr perfect, what exactly IS he doing to get better?
He is getting away with too much here. vilifying bert at every opportunity.
asshole...........

Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:32 pm

would be REALLY funny if some doctors came out and said..

"He wanted us to fake the x-rays, he only had a few minor brusies....."

:shock:
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:51 pm

mr perfect wrote:Trying to say he deserved his injuries legitimizes those who claim Brashear deserved to get clocked by McSorley. I don't know about you but I don't want to be in that camp.
Wait just a minute, Brashear hadn't concussed the best player on Marty's team 3 weeks earlier. Brashear didn't run away (twice) when challenged earlier in the game, only to fight the smallest guy he could. Brashear wasn't being a tow boat for Mcsquirelly for 40 feet before being "suckered".

And, finally, there was no stick involved. Any Idiot(tm) will say there's no difference, which only proves how little he knows, but the fact is it's far more cowardly & dangerous. There's no comparison, and it's not even open for debate.

No, the more I analyze it, his circumstances, whatever they might be (vis-a-vis the ongoing concussion problems), are most exactly what he deserved.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)

tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:25 pm

Hey guys, I watched the interview and it seemed like every response he had was well rehearsed, exactly like a politician would. he chose his words carefully and thought about everything before he said it. it defintately seemed like he did the interview as a way for him to grab sympathy from some viewers. if he didnt have any lawsuits i wonder if we would even here from this guy at all. I also found it interesting that he seemed to know exactly how many games he would have missed. personally, in the "new nhl" he would never have been signed by a team and if he did would have played in the minors for the rest of his "career". This guy gave me the creeps watching the interview... it seems like everytime this whole situation calms down a bit, there he is diggin it back up... And i wonder how many people in Colorado even care about whats goin on with Moore if if they even remember who he is 8-)
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews