Chouinard On Waivers

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

WCE
MVP
MVP

Chouinard On Waivers

Post by WCE »

"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Florida's agreed to a trade for Roberts that doesn't include Toronto or Ottawa... I bet we got him. Unless of course it's Buffalo. Anyways, Nonis wouldn't put Chouinard on waivers without having a backup plan. Moran isn't a full time solution.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it's more likely to be Gelinas. Roberts probably wouldn't waive his NTC to come here...
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

I think Chouinard is just on waivers to make sure we have the room if/when Nonis does something.

Roberts is heavily rumored to Pittsburgh, BTW, if that hasn't already been confirmed.
Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso »

Sounds like Roberts will be going to PITT, at least according to HFboards....

Good for Nonis for admitting his mistake, we all had hopes for Chouinard, but it didn't pan out, so let's stop the bleeding now.

Hopefully someone claims him and we can clear a million off the books for next season. Either way though, this buys us cap space...

So, the $64 question - the timing obviously tells us it's a lead-in to another deal, so what deal is in the works????????
Eyes on the Prize
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

:rockin: :!:
C'mon Dave, do your thing.
whatever move if any, I have faith!
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Momesso wrote:Sounds like Roberts will be going to PITT, at least according to
So, the $64 question - the timing obviously tells us it's a lead-in to another deal, so what deal is in the works????????
I really don't know if it says that. Again, it's probably just a formality so that he does have the space if he wants to swing a deal. I don't think it means he already has something worked out.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

look at that list...

what if Pitts pick up Aaron Downey.... rofl, that'd really be funny in the locker room, but it would help the team on paper.

wouldn't suprise me if Pitts picked up Chouinard either, big centermen who can win some draws, would help their 3rd line or just for face-off situations..
Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

its about time! and its also interesting to see the former first overall pick (bryan berard) on that waiver list, he has only played 10 games this season due to injuries
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Obviously he's expendable if we pull Smoke into the line-up.

I do find this development somewhat disappointing, however, as I was kinda hoping we would WAIVE THAT FAN-AGGRAVATING, ANGINA-INDUCING, SHUTOUT-KILLING, POINT-SQUANDERING, MORALE-DESTROYING, CHEMISTRY-INHIBITING, PENALTY-PRONE, GOALTENDER-INTERFERING, HAVLAT-GIFTING, LACK-LUSTER, OVER-HANDLING, DEVOID-OF-FINISH, TALENT-LACKING, PERIMETER-HUGGING, HYPHEN-WASTING, BLOOD-SUCKING EXILE FROM A GERMAN EXPRESSIONIST HORROR FILM (MURNAU'S NOSFERATU TO BE PRECISE!), JAN BULIS.

Oops. Did my internal monologue get loose again . . . ;)
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.