Jovo done for the year...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Larionov
CC Veteran

Jovo done for the year...

Post by Larionov » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:28 am

For 50 points, can you guess what the injury might be?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197694&hubname=

You guessed it - the same abdominal wall/groin problem he had here last year. Can you say, "chronic injury", kids? No wonder Nonis wasn't anxious to pony up for five years' worth of big money to sign him. Whispers around the Canucks' organization last year were that this might be a long term issue for Jovo in his career, and that turns out to have been correct. Just like with Bertuzzi, it appears as if the Canucks got the best years of his career, and got rid of him at just the right time...

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Hmmm ... Bert out ... Clouts out ... Jovo out .... DN is looking like a genius now !!

Grizz

randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Hmmm ... Bert out ... Clouts out ... Jovo out .... DN is looking like a genius now !!

I think this proves what I suspected all along. Injuries took their toll on these guys and were part of the reason why the Canucks never fulfilled their potential come playoff time.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.

Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 am

Yeah, good point about Jovo.ion I remember the discuss too, many of us believed Jovo wasn't worth any kind of long term commitment because he played in only 60% of the games when he was here. Conversely, Mitchell was a player with a long history of being healthy. A smart move.
Eyes on the Prize