Terrible Point lost

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Terrible Point lost

Post by mattola »

Bulis isfracking terrible. what a way to lose the extra point.

terrible. but at least we got a point
Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

You beat me to starting this thread! I cannot express how much i hate bulis for this. First he jumps on "whatshisface"s back and tries to pull him down and then seconds later blatantly cross checks turco when it was not neccessary. For shit sake your team is one goal up with 3 minutes left why is it neccessary to hit the goalie, seemed like Bulis was purposely trying to take the penalty and screw his team mates.

That said, i would love to spit on this guy, he better get benched for this! He single handedly threw this game
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Fitzpatrick was terrible
Krajicek was terrible
Bulis was FRACKING STUPID terrible
BULIS was stupid
Cooke was not very good tonight
BULIS was horrendous.
BULIS was bad
Bulis is one of the worst hockey players I have ever seen in a Canuck uniform. Wow.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Re: Terrible Point lost

Post by Meerschaum »

mattola wrote:Bulis isfracking terrible.
Let it be said here first. Jan Bulis is the new Dan Cloutier.

This talentless, lightbulb-headed hack can take a sure win - A SURE FRICKEN WIN - and singlehandedly send the damned thing right down the drain.

If today's penalty was out of character, it would be one thing. But, consider the giveaway to Havlat the other night . . .

The guy should be nowhere near the ice in the last five minutes of a game. Heck, he shouldn't be near the ice period. Bench him. Trade him. Send him to the minors. Strap him onto a rocket and fire him into outer space. Whatever. But just don't let him single-handedly cost this team points down the stretch. This club has worked too damned hard to let one guy ruin it for them.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Larcheid: "Let's call it for what it is.. Bulis is a dumb player."

When Tonny Sunshine starts dumping on you, it's over.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Meerschaum wrote:Larcheid: "Let's call it for what it is.. Bulis is a dumb player."

When Tonny Sunshine starts dumping on you, it's over.
GREATEST QUOTE EVER!!!!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

What a terrible decision by Bulis. I was even less impressed by AV putting him out in OT. At the same time, I felt the Refs really gave that one to Dallas. How do you justify allowing a team back into a game with a 5 on 3 with under a minute left, then give them a Powerplay in OT? On top of that they called exactly ONE penalty our way. That is ridiculous. You can't hand a team a win that way, it would be horrendous in October, it is close to criminal in late February.

What an awful way to end a 6 game win streak. At least we still have a 2 point lead on Minnesota.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I watched the game and the reffing WAS brutal. Dallas were setting picks all over the ice and none were called, and IMO, some of those penalties on us were very borderline............well, not the Bulis brain fart, but many of the others were brutal!

AND, I have a question, is it not a penalty is you take another players stick out of his hand and throw it? Turko did just that when Bulis ran into him, and IMO, he should have gotten 2 for that.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

mattola wrote:Bulis isfracking terrible. what a way to lose the extra point.

terrible. but at least we got a point
Agreed. I just got back from the theatre, and the place went NUTS when Bulis took that penalty (although we all found it funny when he piggy-backed that one guy :lol: ).

I've tried to defend Bulis as much as I can on here (i.e. citing that he's a decent PK'er and can score the odd goal) but at this point, perhaps Nonis is better off trying to trade him. In fact, I'm now in full support of Bulis being traded.

As much as we hate to admit, there literally are certain moments in a players career where they must be moved (i.e. Cloutier letting in the Lidstrom goal, Bertuzzi's sucker punch on Moore, etc.). While Bulis' RETARDED penalty tonight probably isn't on the level of those other two incidents, I still think it might be one of those situations where.....it's just unforgettable/inexcusable.

If Bulis can be traded, lets try and get someone who is just as good at killing penalties.
RC51
CC Rookie

Post by RC51 »

Meerschaum wrote:
mattola wrote:
This talentless, lightbulb-headed hack can take a sure win - A SURE FRICKEN WIN - and singlehandedly send the damned thing right down the drain.
I don't think you can say Bulis is talentless - he has talent and the assets to be a great player. However, he's a head case - that aspect of his game is horrid. Bad decisions, sporadic play/effort, moody?, etc. He has lots of speed and when he's flying out there, he can be an offensive threat. The problem is that you only see that once in a while; the rest of the time he's just in the background and you have to wonder about his commitment level. The leaders of the team should sit him down for a little talk. If Bulis wants to be a top line player (and get the ice time and money that goes with that), he needs to get his mental game in order. He has to be one of the biggest disappointments thus far.
Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso »

tommy larcheid is gotta be my favourite. And you're right, with that comment, we can close the book on Jan Bulis.

Horrible giveaways and stupid play overall in the last 3 games. We need to get some depth upfront so he can play as few minutes as possible.

EDIT: And Krajicek disappoints me too.
Eyes on the Prize
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

From what I heard, Bulis had played a decent game, he was an effective penalty killer earlier on and even moved the puck pretty well during 5-on5. It's too bad he negated all that with one dumb play at a crucial time, but I don't agree with all the Bulis bashing for that game, at least his name was coming up with some of the chances, unlike a number of the Canucks who were no-shows for the majority of that game....
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

I thought Bullis had played a pretty good game til he negated everything with that incredibly stupid penalty.

If he was as talentless as implied in some of the previous posts he would be getting Choiunards ice time (none),A.V. has obviously seen something worthwhile in this guy and I believe Bullis wants to be here doing his best, but sometimes the chemistry is just not there.This team cannot afford his consistent mistakes.
If a deal can be made to replace him I think it should be done.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

send him to atlanta for a couple first rounders!

woo!
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

It seemed like Bulis really wanted to be sent to the box there in the end. Perhaps he relied on our PK to send him out on a breakaway towards the empty net when the penalty expired...? With the number one PK in the league that was not such a bad idea really :D

Maybe he was even told by Vigneault to make sure he got two minutes? Vigneault got Bulis off the ice and on a night where couldn't put the puck behind Turco it made sense to make sure Turco was out of his net.

There's no other way to explain those boneheaded plays by Bulis. You don't even do things like that if you're up 7-0 five minutes into the game, so why do it when you're holding a 1-0 nothing lead with less than three minutes remaining.

AV or Bulis must have had a plan... but the plan went wrong when Salo put it over the glass. Too bad... ;)

BTW, this was the first game I have seen this year. Reasonable start time in Sweden (9.30pm) so I could drive over to my parents-in-law and watch it (don't have the sports channel myself). Not too impressed by the offense or the style of play, but they showed good work ethic. Fitzpatrick better than I thought (after reading all your posts). Same goes for Bulis (until that famous incident in the end). Even Santala had an OK game, even though he had problem getting the puck out of our own zone a couple of times. But I actually remember him doing something good in the Dallas end once. Naslund looked really good at times.