Canucks to get new Unis in August

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:53 pm

Meh, those jerseys.....suck.

Also Johnny Canuck is taken by the Giants, so forget that.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:45 pm

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Also Johnny Canuck is taken by the Giants, so forget that.
What? No, he's not... the Giants have a giant (some kind of lumberjack). If any folk hero, it's a nod to Paul Bunyan. Johnny Canuck was a fictional war-hero, not a lumberjack. The WHL Canucks years ago decided to retcon a lumberjack-type dude as their logo, but there's no suggestion that that's what the Giants (who are not named 'Canucks') are emulating. Why would they be?

Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 pm

Sharp. Very sharp.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:25 am

If the real jersey is anything like the above examples I love it. That would be an immeasurable improvement over the orca - not that I have anything against it but the new one definitely outdoes the former. Extremely sleek. Would prefer to see the Johnny Canuck emblem just on the shoulder patch on both the home and away though.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:28 am

I hate 'em. Thankfully, they won't be it. Maybe I should ply through the older jersey threads but why is it again that we need new uniforms? I know dumb ass at the top is changing the fit/cut whatever, but why do we need a new look so fast? Is it the new ownership & president?

Anyways, IF we must change, I would like a meld of the current with the original. Something with our logo and more of the older colours. But this whole wavy blotch of colour and lines under the arms I hate.. like colorado and dallas... sucks.

Puck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Puck » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:59 am

I think the stuff under the arms is part of the new look league-wide. Recall the world junior's and olympic jerseys...

Johnny
MVP
MVP

Post by Johnny » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:13 pm

ClamRussel wrote:Image
I obviously love the Johnny logo ... to me it screems Canuck .... I'd like this one better if it was just the logo (no text or circles)

Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:36 pm

yeah I am not a big fan of the circles around Johnny...I do like the white one though...argh...I sense another redesign of the site.

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:40 pm

I'd have the Orca on the shoulder not the stupid damn rink.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund

tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:03 pm

Im not sure how the Johnny canuck logo would sit with fans who have only been following the club for a few years. i think its a logo that connects with the long time fans for sure though. i think they should do something with the orca and the retro colors, and throw johnny up on the shoulder
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:22 pm

I would also hope that the blue will be a little darker. I know it's a bit cliché, but the color they are now look very '80s on the TV screen.

If they matched the Seattle Seahawk hues, I wouldn't complain.

supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:14 am

ClamRussel wrote:ImageImage

If thats it I likee. That would be a MAJOR improvement over what we have now & probably be one of the best unis in the entire league!
I like these a lot. Wouldn't mind getting one with a "16" on it.

Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:36 am

I really like the one on the left, I'm not a huge fan of the Johnny Nuck as our main emblem, I wouldn't mind it being put on the shoulder, but I'm not so keen with it as our main emblem...

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 am

I agree - the one on the left is a keeper. I wouldn't mind the one on the right if they lost the text and circle around the logo and made 'Johnny' bigger.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

I love these jerseys. In my personal opinion, they'd be the best looking jerseys we've ever had. A nice, clean look.

I like the rink & stick logo, it's by far my favorite. Johnny Canuck doesn't look bad, and I actually like the wording around it - it makes it look old school.

It's interesting to see so many differing opinions on the jerseys. Everyone has their own tastes!
Eyes on the Prize