Do you watch the PPV games?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Do you watch the PPV games?

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:56 am

A) Yes I got the package.
B) Sometimes I order it for a big game.
C) 12 bucks for one game? Are you kidding?

I don't, when it's a PPV game I'll just listen on the radio or sometimes when it's a big game I'll go to a pub or something....end up spending 20-25 bucks so a little more then I would at home....but it's worth it ( Most of the time)
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund

Farhan Lalji

Re: Do you watch the PPV games?

Post by Farhan Lalji » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:12 pm

I watch all the PPV games at the theatre.

I always end up sneaking in for free. :D

What I do, is pull up to the theatre and listen to the first few minutes on the radio. After that, I enter in to the theatre (when the ticket booth has been shut), and just walk straight in.

I plan on doing this tommorow as well. ;)

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:17 pm

Depends who the Canucks are playing.. I can't listen to the radio broadcast because of Shorthouse's crappy call.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:40 pm

I resisted for the most part but paid for 2 PPV games during the stretch drive last year. I couldn't help it. One of the games was an absolutel blowout for the other team so I felt really ripped off. The other game was decent but in the end, it hurt when the shaw bill came in.

Most of the time I prefer to just see if any of my friends are going to the pub to watch the game. I make it a social outing. Definitely a lot more entertaining than paying for the package at home but I was desperate those two times.

Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Depends on who is playing, I'll pay $12 bucks for the Stars to,orrow.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 pm

I hate the Stars... I just hate them, so boring... I really hard to get excited for games against the Stars.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:41 pm

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:I hate the Stars... I just hate them, so boring... I really hard to get excited for games against the Stars.
When I went to the theatre today, it was packed! The energy level was absolutely amazing. The game itself was kind of boring, but I'm really glad I went.

The fire alarm rang in the middle of the 3rd period, and NO ONE left the theatre. The usher came in and told us we had to leave, and no one left. :D Wouldn't have mattered anyway though, since we would've been allowed to come back in two minutes anyway.

We had a "Lui!" chant going as well. Luongo is probably the best goalie in the league right now....even better than Brodeur.

All in all, theatre experiences are welll worth the $12 bucks IMO....even if the game itself isn't the greatest. The energy of the packed theatre is absolutely great.

RC51
CC Rookie

Post by RC51 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:18 pm

I just got myself a Shaw PVR and ordered the PPV game for today so some friends could come over. I don't know if anyone else had a problem but after having watched the pre-game show, the feed disappeared for the whole first period! Tried calling Shaw but all I got was a busy signal for an hour. :evil: I never made it through to Shaw - horrible, horrible service. The signal finally came back all on its own at the begining of the 2nd period. Definitely not a great first PPV experience. I like the idea of hosting a Nucks game get-together w/friends but not if this is the experience the viewer can expect. I'd rather not pay to watch mind you, but whatever - if I go out to watch you can bet I'd end up spending around the same amount of money, if not more.

Now, the question is whether to order the Wild PPV game - could be an important game and the Wild aren't nearly as boring to watch as in prior years (if anything, maybe the roles have reversed?? ).