Chuck 'Luongo' Norris

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Chuck 'Luongo' Norris

Post by Soapy »

I swiped these from the Canucks website...these may be old but I've never seen them before. Cracked me up on a Friday afternoon. :D :) :lol: :P

Luongo doesn't sleep... he waits.
Some wear Superman pajamas.... Kipper wears Luongo pajamas.
Luongo lost his virginity before his dad did.
On the 7th day God rested... Luongo took over.
Luongo can shoot a plane down by holding up his stick and yelling "BANG!"
Luongo is Luke Skywalkers real father.
Luongo is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
Luongo counted to infinity. Twice.
Luongo's glove hand is the only one that can beat a Royal Flush.
When the boogyman goes to sleep everynight... he checks his closet for Luongo.
Icey-hot is not strong enough for Luongo. After each game he rubs his muscles with liquid MAGMA
The bible was originaly named "Luongo and Friends"
Luongo was what Willis was talkin about.
When God said "let there be light" Luongo said "Say please."
Luongo puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us. Except after he goes and gets a shutout.
In a fight between Bieksa and Iginla you know who the winner would be? Luongo.
In the words of Julius Caesar: "Veni, Vidi, Vici, Luongo". Translation: "I came, I saw, i was shut out by Luongo".
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Luongo has never made the playoffs.

oh wait....
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So second place in all time scoring, eh?

a wise man once said:
"Second place is first loser"
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Never mind what the second poster, whatever his name is, wrote, those are brilliant!!!! :D
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yep, Mr. 1 Fifty goal season won't ever be in the Top 5 of all time. Probable not even top 10.

Off the top of my head...

Gretz.
Orr.
Howe.
Lemieux.
Richard.
Harvey.
Roy.
Sawchuck.
Beliveau.
Hull.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Not top 10 overall, top 10 forward I'd say so...

But it's not like Luongo will ever be a top 10 goalie of all time.... maybe not even top 20!
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I could care less where he ranks when he hangs 'em up.

If he gets a ring or two with the canucks he's worth every dime. Regardless of how he ends his career, he's currently doing something for this team Messier never did...he's leading them.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IgotachubbyforChubarov
AHL Prospect

Post by IgotachubbyforChubarov »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Luongo has never made the playoffs.

oh wait....
Haha, you say this, but there's an excellent chance that streak will end this year(*knock on wood*). Is it coincidence that the 1st year he leaves the abysmal Panthers this will happen? I think not!
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Flame on!
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

IgotachubbyforChubarov wrote:

oh wait....
Haha, you say this, but there's an excellent chance that streak will end this year(*knock on wood*). Is it coincidence that the 1st year he leaves the abysmal Panthers this will happen? I think not!
So? Talk to me when he does something in the playoffs..... even Cloutier got us to the second round.
IgotachubbyforChubarov
AHL Prospect

Post by IgotachubbyforChubarov »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:
IgotachubbyforChubarov wrote:

oh wait....
So? Talk to me when he does something in the playoffs..... even Cloutier got us to the second round.
So? I was responding to your comment; "Luongo has never made the playoffs".
But yes, I will talk to you when he does something in the playoffs.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Thanks JOSi for taking yet another thread off topic... :roll:

Anyways, I got some (well needed) good laughs out of the original post.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote: even Cloutier got us to the second round.
you are never going to meet a bigger Cloutier fan than myself. you can ask anyone on these boards and the ESPN boards but dont ever kid yourself for a second on the intelligence of any canuck fan or hockey fan for that matter that will compare what Clouts is and what Roberto is. There is NO comparison NONE.... ZIP.... NADDA.

Clouts did an admirable job in the regular season and had a great playoffs against the Blues to get us to the second round. But if you bag on Lou for not being in the playoffs and dont think he is a major part of now and the future of this team then you are just looking for a scrap in the boards. There is nothing that has shown Lou will fall apart in any pressure situation. NOTHING. Lou has answered EVERY bell in every area this season and in his past stepped in for Canada against a heavily favoured Czech team going in COLD when Marty started almost every minute. and when the pressure was worse in OT in that game Lou made his biggest stop getting us to the Final in that world Cup. if that is not playoff type pressure then I dont know what is. a moment like that helps define you as a player. especially a goalie.

stop kidding yourself and trying to Antagonize the board with Lou has no playoff experience arguments to try to convince us we do not have something special.

from a Immortal quote of the 20th century
"You will get no such pleasure from us!"
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Wow !! This went way off topic!!
Thanks for laughing at the original post. Made my Friday afternoon before I watched Luongo win another game for the Canucks....

When Luongo does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.
Luongo gave Mona Lisa that smile....after another shutout win.
Luongo can slam a revolving door.
Luongo doesn't kill two birds with one stone. Luongo kills all birds, with two stones. The ones in his jock strap.
Luongo has never been accused of robbery for the simple fact that his glovehand saves are recognized world-wide as "acts of God."
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Soapy wrote:Wow !! This went way off topic!!
Thanks for laughing at the original post. Made my Friday afternoon before I watched Luongo win another game for the Canucks....

When Luongo does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.
Luongo gave Mona Lisa that smile....after another shutout win.
Luongo can slam a revolving door.
Luongo doesn't kill two birds with one stone. Luongo kills all birds, with two stones. The ones in his jock strap.
Luongo has never been accused of robbery for the simple fact that his glovehand saves are recognized world-wide as "acts of God."

:D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: