Your vision of the team.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

TheLuongianOne

Your vision of the team.

Post by TheLuongianOne »

Everyone, especially this season, has a different vision of the team. Either of them being a very conservative team, a trap team or a team that has all types of playing qualities. One can't wonder why hockey analists call the Conics a "trap team" when there scoring over 3 goals most of the game. Well, have been averaging 3 goals since the new year. A trap team in the hockey dictionary states that a trap team is a team that sends one forchecker but doesn't put pressure on the oppenents while there are 4 players standing at the blue line waiting for the opponents to enter. The Conics send 2 forcheckers, one that goes and puts pressure and one that skates at the red line looking for an interseption.

The style that this team has is what I call a "fullhouse." They have 2 forecheckers and 3 at the blueline. JL, the Wild coach, said in a post game interview on Wed that the Canucks "trap you to death." I recall another coach saying the very same thing about this team, but why? The wild use to play the trap so they shouldn't be talking. Plus, this team is not even playing the trap. Sure, the Canucks are 4th place for letting the lease ammount of goals in but the reason fo that is the cause of another reason.

Fans might go to the standings and check out the statistics of eachteam. My friend in Calgary told me "The Canucks have let in so little ammount of goals, you asses play the trap." I was furious. Roberto Luongo is the reason why this team has only let in 145 goals thus far in the season. Come playoff time, people better not be complaining, and also hockey analists, that this team plays the trap and doesn't let you pass the blue line with the puck. The answer is beating Luongo, which you can't without practicly having an empty net. "You can't beat him."

-TLO

Luongo is our trap