BERTUZZI

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mozy

Post by Mozy »

i'd love to pick him up just so the bertuzzi to detroit rumours dont come true. bolstering a power house with more power is just a bad idea if we face them....
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Mozy wrote:i'd love to pick him up just so the bertuzzi to detroit rumours dont come true. bolstering a power house with more power is just a bad idea if we face them....
What powerhouse ? Playing in a division where 3 teams are bottom dwellers and having 24 games against them ?

They'll choke in the playoffs as sure as Bert won't help them. ;)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Mozy wrote:i'd love to pick him up just so the bertuzzi to detroit rumours dont come true. bolstering a power house with more power is just a bad idea if we face them....

If you're interested in a pipe dream AND keeping talent away from the competition why not focus on someone who would actually help the team like Doan. He's rumored to be on his way out of Gretzky land. He'd be a major boost to whatever team he lands on. May as well be here.

In reality I think he'll re-sign with Phoenix OR the asking price will be too steep for us anyways but one can always dream. How good would he look with Mo and Nazzy or with the twins?
R.I.P. Luc.
Mozy

Post by Mozy »

why not focus on someone who would actually help the team like Doan.
to be completely honest i've never seen doan be an impact player anywhere. so even if you brought him in it wouldbe a waste of time.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

While I'd love to get the Bertuzzi of 2001-2003 back, Bertuzzi2007 is damaged goods, IMO, and by that I mean more than just his back problems. I think the Moore incident and lawsuit still affects him and the media here will never let him forget that.

I also question the wisdom of rolling back the clock. This Canucks team's center of gravity revolves around Luongo and to a lesser extent, the Twins as well as AV's defense-first philosophy. Naslund and BMo have lost a step; no doubt, so has Bert. In a cap-conscious NHL, paying $5M+ for a power forward who may or may not deliver the goods makes no sense. For the risks involved, I think I'd sooner DN go get Forsberg.

Make no mistake, if it were to happen, and he is successful, I'll be as happy as anyone... I just doubt very much that Bert will enjoy the same success he's had in the past here a second time.