Whch Canadien Hockey Rink has the largest seating capacity?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

GB CANUCK
AHL Prospect

Whch Canadien Hockey Rink has the largest seating capacity?

Post by GB CANUCK »

Can someone answer the above question for me please.
Also in your opinion out of all the American NHL teams,who has the most loyal and passionate fans?

Thanks in advance.

COYC.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Habs at over 21,000

and the wild.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

I would actually say the most loyal fans would be the NYRangers fans, cause they couldn't win a cup in 50 years, and they followed them through that, and they know it'll take another 50 years for them to win another, and their still following..

they only won in 94 cause Bettman thinks it'd be a great story and told the Refs to help the Rangers. apparently penalties don't exist for NYRangers in 1994
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Well, The Wild have sold out every game since they've come into the league...

But the Rangers won the cup in 94 because of Messier, Leetch and RIchter.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Doesn't Montreal have the largest seating capacity in all of the league?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

I'd hate to say it, but I think the Flames fans are pretty loyal.
Every game all the fans are dressed in red and scream for their lives.
That's what being a fan is all about.
I think the Habs have the biggest rink..
21,273 people.
Only 3k more than GM place..
I Hart Luongo.
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

Here is a good link for attendance figures. Keep in mind that actual capacities are understated with some arenas.

Calgary fans, like most fans, are loyal when their team is playing well. A peek at the attendance figures for other years in the past confirms this.
it's just a game...dammit!
Mozy

Post by Mozy »

i believe officiall TB's Ice Palace has the largest seating capacity. on the note of sellouts colorado has over 500 straight.
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

Mozy wrote:i believe officiall TB's Ice Palace has the largest seating capacity. on the note of sellouts colorado has over 500 straight.
That string of sellouts for Colorado ended a while back. Montreal has the largest capacity.

Here's a link for attendance figures going back to 1989-1990.
it's just a game...dammit!
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

*CanucksForLife* wrote:I'd hate to say it, but I think the Flames fans are pretty loyal.
Every game all the fans are dressed in red and scream for their lives.
Only since the 2004 run. Flame fans used to have a reputation for being the league's quietest.

And similarly with the Avalanche -- I'd love to see what their figures would have been if the team actually had to go through expansion like everyone else. I can't stand it when the media makes it sound like some sort of hockey-mad market -- Vancouver would have been a basketball-mad market if the Grizzlies were the relocated Chicago Bulls rather than an expansion team.