KESLER solution

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What should Nonis do to replace Kesler?

Just stick with Marc Chouinard
10%
Try out Linden or Green in the 3 spot
13%
Give Brad Moran a shot
No votes
Give Brandon Reid a shot
19%
Make the deal for Foppa
16%
Sign Jason Allison
3%
Look elsewhere for a signing or trade that makes sense
39%

Total votes: 31

ClamRussel
CC Legend

KESLER solution

Post by ClamRussel »

Kesler is gone for the year....Vigneault has said they'll go w/ Chouinard...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Lets' see what he does with it now.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mozy

Post by Mozy »

i say Nonis goes for the big deal.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Well i think we might see a combination of those choices ya got there clam.

I dont think DN is gonna do anything crazy right away.... Kesler is gonna be out for quite a while, so the team has some time to experiment with guys we can call up. And if one of the line changes or call ups work really well for the team, then it may not be nessecary to make a "big trade"... but if nothing seems to work, then we go for a big trade.... as long as we dont fall down the standing ladder, i dont think theres a need to rush the situation
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Personally, I would love to see someone in the organization (Chouinard or Reid) step in and shine with the opportunity but I wouldn't put anything more than my weekly beer money on it happening.

Foppa... yeah, may be a nice pick-up but it would only be for a couple of months and what would the price be? Who else would be on the market? Times like these I miss Chuby...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

if chubby was here, then we wouldn't have had to spent that money on Bulis!

Chubby can win faceoffs!
Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

We will not see anybody from the Moose called up or even Green or Linden take his place when we have Chouinard, heck we even have another centre with a one-way contract. What was his name......oh ya, Santala
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Well we saw last night that even though Vigneault talked about it, he wasn't comfortable playing Chouinard as our no. 3 centre. Hell, he had Bulis there over Green or Linden. Can't see that lasting for the rest of the year. = /

Santala is injured btw
Mantle
CC Veteran

Post by Mantle »

I've been trying to find some details on the Russian Super League and Chuby's contract to see if there is any miracle way he can come after the end of the RSL season. I haven't been able to find anything.
Hercules_Rockefeller
CC Rookie

Post by Hercules_Rockefeller »

ClamRussel wrote:Well we saw last night that even though Vigneault talked about it, he wasn't comfortable playing Chouinard as our no. 3 centre. Hell, he had Bulis there over Green or Linden. Can't see that lasting for the rest of the year. = /

Santala is injured btw
I wouldn't expect Chouinard to be handed that #3 spot on a platter. Even though he's better suited for that position than anyone else on the team, he's been too brutal to deserve it. Hopefully this will spark him a bit, and he'll work his way up to a key defensive role with increased PK minutes. At least he got it done in the faceoff circle last night
Formerly Dangerous Dan.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I believe Chouinar is at that stage of his career where he's finally realized he's a bust. Hard to deal with but it shows to me with his lack of emotion. Watch him whe he goes back to the bench, a glider, no desire to make a good change even. I don't think the concept of the team first has entered his head, who knows maybe Lemaire took it away in Minny. No desire or interest IMO
cheers
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

Fred wrote:I believe Chouinar is at that stage of his career where he's finally realized he's a bust. Hard to deal with but it shows to me with his lack of emotion. Watch him whe he goes back to the bench, a glider, no desire to make a good change even. I don't think the concept of the team first has entered his head, who knows maybe Lemaire took it away in Minny. No desire or interest IMO
Kind of like a number 44 I know..
The Kesler injury is a big blow.
He's among the ebst PK and forecheckers on the team, whoever does end up replacing him during his injury had better give 200%.
I Hart Luongo.
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

The Canucks will miss his speed and puck pursuit. The kid is still only 22 years old and was already AV's most trusted PKer and got close to 18 minutes a night when we were protecting leads.

This contract fiasco coupled with this injury have been a real souring point.

In my mind, the kid is a winner. He has the "IT" factor that gets things done.

I hope the souring doesn't end his relationship with the canucks. It's a shame that Clarke's idiocy has thrown such a monkey wrench into the system. All we can do is hope that it works itself out, but it is going to be an interesting one to watch.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

I thought the Burrows/ Cowan/ Chouinard has been effective for a while now...that is a playoffs third line...a center that can win draws...a winger that stirs the shit & a winger that will clean up the sht...I enjoy the shifts that they have...
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Mozy

Post by Mozy »

i have to say that burrows impresses me. but i really think its time to make a deal. if Foppa waived his NTC then i say DN should work his ass off to try and get him. even if he is injury riddled and this contadicts my earlier posts saying we shouldnt get him, i think that if he's waived his NTC this is our chance and we need to seize it. i say bulis and a 2nd for him should do the trick.