Bulis Denies trade request and Anson Carter blurb

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Bulis Denies trade request and Anson Carter blurb

Post by mattola »

BULIS DENIES TRADE REQUEST.

VANCOUVER PROVINCE: Ben Kuzma reports Canucks forward Jan Bulis claims he never requested a trade last week when he complained about his role with the club and his ice time, resulting in a meeting between his agent and Canucks GM Dave Nonis. Kuzma writes Nonis must "either weather the Bulis storm or broker a trade", noting the team only has around $1 million in available cap space. He also writes the Columbus Blue Jackets might shop former Canuck winger Anson Carter and could seek a second round draft pick, which the Canucks have three of in this year's draft, but such a move would require finding a taker for Bulis.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

I'd be happy with Bulis and a 2nd for Anson if we could fit him in cap wise
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Icebreaka wrote:I'd be happy with Bulis and a 2nd for Anson if we could fit him in cap wise

WOW!!
If I were Nonis, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat!!! :roll:
Mozy

Post by Mozy »

why waste the draft pick. bulis for carter straight up sounds good for me. reunite the dread line with the two sisters and a brother and i think anson could get back to his scoring ways. lets face it, it was all because of the sedins, but if it works im not gonna complain. screw what bulis wants i say ship his ass off to columbus. i'll drive him myself
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Ya gotta admit the guy's been playing very well lately. It looks like he's finding his way on this team... or his drive.
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

Ya, I was very impressed with Bulis in the Edmonton game, and there's no guarentee that Carter will light it up with the Sedins again anyways! If I'm the GM (of course I'm not...) I wouldn't be so quick to deal any part of the team until we start to lose or a glaring weakness arises, especially for a player who had a career year along the Sedins and then disappeared as soon as he left the line...
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

But do you seriously expect Bulis to have his game turned on the rest of the season and possibly through the playoffs? Giving CBJ Bulis and a 2nd round pick works for both clubs. CBJ has a really young squad and can bring in some more youth with more draft picks. But are the willnig to take a chance with Bulis?
I Hart Luongo.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

guys im not sure if making a trade for Carter is the best idea... doesnt he only have a one year contract?? if were gonna possibly be trying to sign other guys on the team, we may not have room to re-sign him again... i would rather find a more long term player.... at this point Carter seems like a rental
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Anson had his chance here ... he was in a pretty good situation with the Sedin's ... they had revitalized his career and he scored more goals than he ever did in a season ... he chose to go after the money as opposed to playing on a line where he got lots of ice time etc. He has spoken and we know where his heart lies ...

On another point ... I wouldn't be in any hurry to give up a draft pick to get him back either... the Canucks cupboards aren't exactly stocked right now with young talent ... and ... whose to say either he won't run for more money somewhere else again. Nope ... as far as Carter goes ... I would stay where I am at ...

.. unfortunately that doesn't solve the Bulis situation ... I'll throw out something else here ... if Salo is likely to leave maybe we package Salo and Bulis together and see what we can get. Thoughts ? Ideas ?

Grizz
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Grizzly wrote:unfortunately that doesn't solve the Bulis situation ... I'll throw out something else here ... if Salo is likely to leave maybe we package Salo and Bulis together and see what we can get. Thoughts ? Ideas ?

Grizz
I'd be willing to entertain offers on that one but we are not likely to get enough return IMO. We'd need a prospect or a high pick and a top 4 Dman. If we were out of the playoff running then fine but if we are going to make the playoffs we'll need him if we expect to do any damage.
R.I.P. Luc.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

If we were out of the playoff running then fine but if we are going to make the playoffs we'll need him if we expect to do any damage.
I agree that we are going to need him if we are going to do any damage ... and I guess that is the question.

I think we have a decent team but at this point I don't feel we can really make a serious run at the cup ... in another couple of years when guys like Bieksa, Bourdon and Edler can get some more experience I think then we may be in a better position.

So I guess for me then if we were to make this hypothetical trade, I would look at packaging Salo and Bullis for a younger player with some potential and or a draft pick.

Grizz