Possible Sked Change

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Nucksfan10
CC Rookie

Possible Sked Change

Post by Nucksfan10 »

With the Board of Govenors meeting tomorrow and the possibility of going back to the Pre-lockout sked i wanted to put my 2 cents in on what I BELIEVE is a good idea. As a canucks fan that is willing to dish out money for a game with stars in it, i want to see the east, and i want to see more of it. The sked they are hinting at going back to is 6 games against division foes, 3-4 against conference rivals and then at least 1 game against every other team in the other conference. What i think could work, and this is just my idea, would be 1/3 against your division split up however, im not great with the division of actual games, 1/3 against your conference and 1/3 against the other conference. You still get your divisional battles which the 1/3 works to 7 games so make it 6, thats 24 games right there. Have a home and home with the east conference so 30, thats now 54. and 28 divided up against the rest of the conference, so not quite 30 to make it a home and home on each team in the rest of the conference, but the league can choose who you will have more games against, maybe 3-4 tops per team against detroit anaheim and san jose, and divide up the rest. Joe Sakic was quoted on TSN.ca as saying that players don't care about that extra hour on the plane, they would like a different schedule.

So thats the possibility i see working. And as a cheezy new NHL idea, and i am just suggesting it and i do not fully support it, but only as an idea....is to make 1 game against each team in your division worth 3 points per season. This would create a bigger demand to win in your division and if a team is sorta half assing it thinking they can make the playoffs, a game like that would sink them, and the other team would prove that they want in more. Either that or make the season series for each team in your division out of 7 and the winner of the best of 7 gets that extra point. Again, an idea at most, dont bag on me for suggesting it because im only throwing it out as a discussion point.

I voted 4 Rory
It was all about the Russian Rocket.....there i said it