Will the CBC please put Cole and Neil out to pasture?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

F15 Driver
MVP
MVP

Will the CBC please put Cole and Neil out to pasture?

Post by F15 Driver »

Someone put these two senior citizen in a home, please.
They can't see the play, the jersey numbers or where the puck is half the time.
They seem to be about three seconds behind all the time.
Not to mention they are worse "Homers" for Toronto than Garret is for Vancouver.
Earlier tonight they BOTH called Naslund, "Mats Nalund".
Cole said, during a Canucks power play, "They're killing their own power play" (about three seconds before Vanc scored) while the Canucks passed the puck around.
That has to be the stupidest comment I have ever heard by a play by play man.

They are too old and should be retired right now![/img]
F-15E Strike Eagle - Cadillac of the Skies!
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: Will the CBC please put Cole and Neil out to pasture?

Post by DavidPratt_ »

F15 Driver wrote:Someone put these two senior citizen in a home, please.
They can't see the play, the jersey numbers or where the puck is half the time.
They seem to be about three seconds behind all the time.
Not to mention they are worse "Homers" for Toronto than Garret is for Vancouver.
Earlier tonight they BOTH called Naslund, "Mats Nalund".
Cole said, during a Canucks power play, "They're killing their own power play" (about three seconds before Vanc scored) while the Canucks passed the puck around.
That has to be the stupidest comment I have ever heard by a play by play man.

They are too old and should be retired right now![/img]
You mean, why isn't a guy like Jim Hughson doing play-by-play for national broadcasts instead of Bob 'Grandpa' Cole? Why is Harry Neale still doing colour instead of so many other more capable broadcasters? Simple. CBC 'Toronto is the centre of the Universe' bureaucracy.

Oh, and by the way.....

dp
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

F15 Driver wrote: Earlier tonight they BOTH called Naslund, "Mats Nalund".
Also Henrik Gradin seemed to be on the ice at one point; and Bieksa has some alter egos named "Bieska" and "Biekska". I could almost hear them practicing his name during the intermissions.

But the Mats Naslund one was classic :)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

orts wrote:
F15 Driver wrote: Earlier tonight they BOTH called Naslund, "Mats Nalund".
Also Henrik Gradin seemed to be on the ice at one point; and Bieksa has some alter egos named "Bieska" and "Biekska". I could almost hear them practicing his name during the intermissions.

But the Mats Naslund one was classic :)
Mats Naslund played for the Canadiens when both Neale and Bob Cole didn't have Alzheimer's.

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

Alexander Borrows, and I swear I saw them actually spell his name Bieska on the screen. "That Luongo is a goalie, and a pretty good one at that"
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Played the drinking game,,,everytime Bob Cole Or Harry Neale make a mistake...you drink..,..if the mistake makes you laugh..you double drink..( a drink = a gulp of your current drink ) Great fun...a little drunk though.
My two favorites...the graphic showing the Sedin Bros where Bob Cole says "Of you can tell them apart you get tickets to the next game' Both pictures in the graphic were of Henrk :roll:
Mats Naslund .....they do that one every game....."Fitzpatrick forchecking in the neutral zone...oh wait...thats Linden' How & the hell do you mix up those two??? :mex:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Cole I thought was fine tonight, though this season he just seems tired, I think he's just taying around to collect a paycheck.

Neale called Naslund "Mats Naslund" twice.

Still better then what TSN/CTV would pump out...the only time they don't go on about the leaves Nation crap it's just about Sidney Crosby.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:Played the drinking game,,,everytime Bob Cole Or Harry Neale make a mistake...you drink..,..if the mistake makes you laugh..you double drink..( a drink = a gulp of your current drink ) Great fun...a little drunk though.
My two favorites...the graphic showing the Sedin Bros where Bob Cole says "Of you can tell them apart you get tickets to the next game' Both pictures in the graphic were of Henrk :roll:
Mats Naslund .....they do that one every game....."Fitzpatrick forchecking in the neutral zone...oh wait...thats Linden' How & the hell do you mix up those two??? :mex:
If you were drinking every time 'Batman and Robin' made a mistake on the Canucks/leaves broadcast you must have passed out after vomiting all over your couch during the first period. That was after drinking non-alcoholic O'Doul's beer.....

dp

RC51
CC Rookie

Post by RC51 »

CBC did the right thing in punting Chris "the Whiny" Cuthbert (holy crap, he's horrible); now please get rid of Cole. The only saving grace for the CBC from my point of view is I don't bother watching their coverage of the leaves (or any Leaf game for that matter).
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Soapy wrote:Played the drinking game,,,everytime Bob Cole Or Harry Neale make a mistake...you drink..,..if the mistake makes you laugh..you double drink..( a drink = a gulp of your current drink ) Great fun...a little drunk though.
If you were drinking every time 'Batman and Robin' made a mistake on the Canucks/leaves broadcast you must have passed out after vomiting all over your couch during the first period. That was after drinking non-alcoholic O'Doul's beer.....

dp
Ouch!! Two minutes for spearing!!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:Ouch!! Two minutes for spearing!!
Heh-heh....just had to give you a shot after accusing me of being JamesOwnSam. I hope you were drinking the good stuff....namely my brand ;)

dp

MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

Their pace of commentary is 10 seconds behind the play. "Sundin....................................................Naslund.................................................We'll be right back"
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

In our house we call them "statler" and "waldorf" those two old guys in the balcony from the muppets.
MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

JCardinal wrote:In our house we call them "statler" and "waldorf" those two old guys in the balcony from the muppets.
:lol: Nice one!!
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

Painfully is the only way I can describe their commentary.

I was watching the game on Sopcast though the internet and everytime they opened their mouths i just cringed.

I was explaining to my glf- a leaves fan to boot, how crappy they were- and even she admitted that they have no clue what they are doing.

Regardless of not knowing 90% of the Canucks...their voices and tones are just sooooo dull and slow. The...puck.......moves in the ...zone...checked by ......canucks player..now out..

Jeez, just give them a retirement RV already and tell them to go to Arizona for the winter!

The new drinking game should be everytime they say Canucks instead of the actually players name. If you listened to their broadcast on the radio with no footage, you would have no clue what's going on!