How to complain to the CBC

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

I can invent numbers...& so can you..let's talk......small penis bully....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

"Small penis"

The Classic comeback of a prepubescent 14 year old
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

I hit a nerve?
-- Winston Churchill
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Wow from CBC to dick sizes ... guess you gotta read the whole thread to follow the storyline eh ??

Back to the thread topic ... every year for at least the last 3 or 4 years there seems to be less and less canuck games on tv ... the one year i think 81 of 82 was on ... CBC is definitely carrying less canuck games than in previous years but TSN is unquestionably carrying a minimal amount of canuck games. 5 this year ??

I was hoping when they announced their new contract a couple of years ago and had "upped" the amount of games they were carrying that we would see more Canuck games .... nope ... just more TO games.

Bottom line for CBC and TSN whether we like it or not out west here is that TO broadcasts make them more money or on average have more viewers ... I don't have the stats to prove that but no doubt at the end of the day it is business for them and they couldn't care less whats happening out here. They just throw a bone to us every once in a while.

Grizz
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Bottom line for CBC and TSN whether we like it or not out west here is that TO broadcasts make them more money or on average have more viewers ... I don't have the stats to prove that but no doubt at the end of the day it is business for them and they couldn't care less whats happening out here. They just throw a bone to us every once in a while.

I know for a fact that ratings for Canuck games are as high as they are for leaves games.... at least they were a couple years ago, anyway. The difference was that the leaves had the early time slot and the Canucks had the more ratings friendly late slot. The second game would bring in more fans than the earlier game. I've been surprised that there is now less exposure for the Canucks now even with the lack of success they've had. Maybe ratings for Canuck games have dropped?
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

I can say with fact that the Canucks never equaled the leaves in ratings.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Maybe if the C.B.C showed more of the Canucks over the years some of the fans in the west that cheer for the leaves now would have grown up Canuck fans and there wouldn't be a difference in ratings.

It's not like anyone since 67 has been won over to the leaves by there stellar play over the last 39 years or the sucsses they've had . The Canucks have at least been to the Stanley cup finals twice in that time . One of those times they had a real good shot at winning it. The leaves havn't even come close to matching that.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

James, do you expect them to?

Not only have the Laufs been around forever, but the population will dictate what they watch. Not to mention the time devide.

Your attitude on this site has been primarily negative about the Canucks. Assuming you're not a complete mental deficient (something that's hard for me to do), you would realize that the population of Ontario is roughtly 4 times that of BC. See: http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/demo02.htm
For 2005 statistics.

Then, you will notice that the East is three hours ahead of us. Therfore, when the Canucks game starts at 730 Pacific time, it is 1030 Eastern time. Would you watch a hockey game at that time on a Saturday night? I would probably be out drinking my face off or partying. Any kids of mine would be in bed. Get real.

Statistics lie, IMO the fact that the later games get ratings anywhere close show that a higher percentage of the population tunes in...and for your information, I get the Globe and Mail at home, and for the most part Canuck HNIC games average roughly 200,000 - 300,000 less...not bad considering the afformentioned reasons.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Statistics lie, IMO the fact that the later games get ratings anywhere close show that a higher percentage of the population tunes in...and for your information, I get the Globe and Mail at home, and for the most part Canuck HNIC games average roughly 200,000 - 300,000 less...not bad considering the afformentioned reasons.

Island, do the Canucks draw more for their games than the Canadiens do?
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:I don't know numbers...I don't post numbers...I love your small penis passive aggressiveness...boring....tell me your source for numbers....or should you email Mr Pratt for your info ..tell him to send me some photos as well....
Hey Soapy....all the guy did was ask me to email him some photos and I pointed him to my website. I've got some other photos on my website and they ain't of Messier....heheh.

http://www3.telus.net/web/davidpratt

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

I'm still waiting for a source for the most watched HNIC game.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:I can say with fact that the Canucks never equaled the leaves in ratings.
Wrong. You have to name a date. In the summer of 1994 the Canucks were the only team in Canada playing. Check your stats.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Soapy wrote:I don't know numbers...I don't post numbers...I love your small penis passive aggressiveness...boring....tell me your source for numbers....or should you email Mr Pratt for your info ..tell him to send me some photos as well....
Hey Soapy....all the guy did was ask me to email him some photos and I pointed him to my website. I've got some other photos on my website and they ain't of Messier....heheh.

http://www3.telus.net/web/davidpratt

dp
Cheers big fella...don't need to see the leather..thanks for the offer though
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Edmonton Vs Carolina last year drew in the final week of the playoffs an average of 4.7 million viewers accross Canada. I'm willing to bet James booger collection that those were mainly in the west...which throws off the bs accross Canada average for HNIC which is about 2.5 mil with the leaves playing every Sat. & dwindling every year ( check it out on the Nielsen ratings site..only of course, if you're with the media) . Which is why CBC is willing to let it go, get the same money from the tax payers & do 10% of the work they do now for HNIC!! I'd love to know the numbers for what my tax dollars are pulling in for Montreal. & they are probably getting the games in HD as well.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

I've yet to see a link.