Will the scoring last ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Will the scoring last ?

Post by MeesterFeester » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:44 pm

IMO I think this is a step in the right direction, if we can keep it going that is. I do have to say that it shouldn't have taken this ling for our team to show they do have the talent to score. I give cudos to Bulis and Kesler for the good performance and hope for more. As usuall the defense was stellar and so was Luongo for that matter. I have just one more thing to say that is about the play of Morrison, I have said before that he should be traded for a young prospect and I stand by that, however if he continues to show promise, which it is to early to tell, I think he will always have a spot on our team.

IMO we might after all see what our team is made of !

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:52 pm

All I can say is, if Morrison wants to stay on this team, he better start playing catch up. Cuz he needs at least 60 points to earn that contract.

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:57 pm

-Bulis seems to be clicking with the Sedin twins (although practically anyone could :P)

-Cooke seems to have rediscovered his 'spark' playing alongside Naslund and Morrison. Even though Cooke still isn't producing much offensively, I've definitely "noticed" him a lot more as of late.

In a weird sort of way, I wonder what the Canucks will be like when Rory Fitzpatrick comes back to the line-up. Since this whole "vote for Rory" craze is at its peak, I wonder if the presence of Fitzpatrick on the team will help keep everyone loose and more relaxed.

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:59 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:All I can say is, if Morrison wants to stay on this team, he better start playing catch up. Cuz he needs at least 60 points to earn that contract.
Agreed.

In Morrison's defense however, he does seem to be skating MUCH better as of late. He may finally be fully recovered from that hip injury.

Victoriafan
CC Rookie

Post by Victoriafan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:24 pm

It's funny how gratifying it is to watch players do EXACTLY what we expected them to when the season started. Matt Cooke is providing a spark on the first line with Mo and Nassie. Morrison is skating well. Bulis is clicking with the twins. The third and fourth lines are providing solid defense and shipping in from time to time.

That is why I am filled with optimism about this team. Perhaps it's premature, after only a few decent games. However, it's not like anyone right now is playing above their talent level. Everyone is simply doing their job well enough, to expectations, and the team can and will win more games than they lose if that keeps up.

Again, perhaps premature. But I think there are some encouraging signs...

On another note, what happens to the top 2 lines when Pyatt comes back? I bet they stick him with Kesler and Burrows.

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:37 pm

Victoriafan wrote:It's funny how gratifying it is to watch players do EXACTLY what we expected them to when the season started. Matt Cooke is providing a spark on the first line with Mo and Nassie. Morrison is skating well. Bulis is clicking with the twins. The third and fourth lines are providing solid defense and shipping in from time to time.

That is why I am filled with optimism about this team. Perhaps it's premature, after only a few decent games. However, it's not like anyone right now is playing above their talent level. Everyone is simply doing their job well enough, to expectations, and the team can and will win more games than they lose if that keeps up.

Again, perhaps premature. But I think there are some encouraging signs...

On another note, what happens to the top 2 lines when Pyatt comes back? I bet they stick him with Kesler and Burrows.
While I've been happy with the Canucks' offense as of late, I'm not quite sure if I'm sold on them yet. The other night against Calgary for instance, the Flames were by FAR the better team. Yes - the Canucks made it interesting, but only because the Flames fell asleep.

Sometimes I wonder. "Should the Canucks stick with what they have?" "Should the Canucks just say 'fuck it' and rebuild?" "Should the Canucks go out and try and get a guy like Forsberg?"

On a positive note, Sabourin looked fairly decent when he played.

Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:40 pm

I"m definitely not believing the scoring drought is over. It'll take a little more success than playing .500 hockey to convince me of that. Phoenix is one of the worst teams in teh league and started their backup goalie against us (maybe knowing we are not that hot a team) so that 5-1 might be an anomoly, we did do it against Chicago too.

I do like the lines more or less but I feel that with Bulis' confidence he should get back on the top line with Mo and Nazzy and have Pyatt back with the twins. I never have understood why they were pulled apart. A few pointless games and it was as if AV thought they never had any chemistry.

But as always I'm cautiously optimistic. We just need to get a few wins under our belt and we can all relax a bit