Will nonnis sign bert next year

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

will nonnis sign him

Yes
16%
No
84%

Total votes: 31

canucks_fan2
AHL Prospect

Will nonnis sign bert next year

Post by canucks_fan2 »

K now i know that bert will be a UFA next year and he said in an inter view that he wants to come bak to vancouver next year and i think that would a total score for nonnis he trades him away for luongo and bert goes to the panthers and doesnt play for half the season makes his comebak in the nhl and will be healthy at the end of the season and becomes a UFA and signs bak with vancouver.now tell me how much that makes the panthers look if we get bert bak.And if nonnis doesnt sign him cuz i know bert will ask for a deal that he should take then nonnis ur a fuck up.

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

No, he's not coming back. His time in Vancouver is over, remember all those frustrating nights where he floated around and did nothing? Yeah, I don't want to see those again. Todd was a great player in his own respect, but we have to move on. Nonis could spend our free cap space MUCH better next offseason.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Will Heatley go back to Atlanta? It was tough to see him go, but it was necessary for both parties.

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: Will nonnis sign bert next year

Post by DavidPratt_ »

canucks_fan2 wrote:K now i know that bert will be a UFA next year and he said in an inter view that he wants to come bak to vancouver next year and i think that would a total score for nonnis he trades him away for luongo and bert goes to the panthers and doesnt play for half the season makes his comebak in the nhl and will be healthy at the end of the season and becomes a UFA and signs bak with vancouver.now tell me how much that makes the panthers look if we get bert bak.And if nonnis doesnt sign him cuz i know bert will ask for a deal that he should take then nonnis ur a fuck up.
That ship has sailed. Todd Bertuzzi won't be coming back to Vancouver.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040

Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

I'm pretty sure he was half joking when he said that he would like to come back next season, its NOT gunna happen

randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Part of me wants him to be back. Then I remember how he was the laziest player on the ice night in and night out last season.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I'd love to have Bertuzzi back.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister

MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Post by MeesterFeester »

[quote] Bert said he would like to come back to vancouver[/quote]

I have to agree with that he was the laziest player , but the thing most people don't see is that he also created alot of space for his line mates to move around the puck. Ya see that is exactly what we are missing, we don't have anybody that makes the team want to take him out of the play. Not to mention he is a guaranteed 20-30 goal scorer.

IMO it wouldn't be that bad to have Bert back or a player similar to his style.

If we did get Bert back that would be like saying "stick that in your pipe and smoke it" Panthers

hehateme
AHL Prospect

Post by hehateme »

Bertuzzi wants back????????Bullshit you think he wants to deal with all the media and fans calling for his head again. He wont be back and why would he when he can make his 5mil sit on the beach where no one gives a shit whether he is skating or floating since there is no one at their games.

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

It would be more like " stick that in your pipe and smoke it"Media. Nonis is too afraid of doing that.

Besides Bert has a personality and its clear thats not the kind of player that fits in this city.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

The only way he'd come back is for the love of the team, because there's no way we could fit him in our cap and be able to ice a totally NHL squad. Hell, we can't even do that without him here!

No amount of friendship with Naslund will bring him back for less than market price. It's a pipe dream, boys.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Will nonnis sign bert next year

Post by Jyrki21 »

canucks_fan2 wrote:he said in an inter view that he wants to come bak to vancouver next year
And again, this is how rumors get started. Bert never said any such thing. He noted in an interview last summer that he would be an unrestricted free-agent after the season. And jokingly, he noted that he could even come back to Vancouver (which is true of any UFA).

Even if both parties wanted it, there is a salary cap.

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

part of the reason we seem to forget for Bert being in Florida is to evade part of the suit levelled by Moore. There is a legal advatge for Bet to reside in Florida I understood
cheers

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Bert is in the right state to avoid the US courts...right beside OJ ! Still looking for the real killer one golf course/night club at a time. Don't kid yourself...he's in Florida for a reason....& he is not coming back to Vancouver.
I wouldn't be suprised if he gets the " Vancouver Flu"/"Sore Back" every time he has to play the Canucks.
I loved him to death while he was here. I'm glad that time is over. I'm thrilled we won the trade.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Bertuzzi is gone...for good.

I may see him back in a few years in a deadline deal.

Anyway Gretzky loves him so don't be surprised to see him with Jovo next year.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund