The offical "Fire Alain Vigneault" petition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

canucks_fan2
AHL Prospect

Post by canucks_fan2 »

do i give a shit not really.u can sit here and think its all av nonnis also brought him into the canucks as well when there were way better coaches out there
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ververgaert wrote:Island, Burkies biggest mistake was not standing behind his core it was not getting that core a decent goal tender to work with.

If anything the way Burke stood behind his players was one of his more admierable qualities.
Burke was forced to go with Cloutier because he couldn't afford to get another "decent" goalie. It was the way he planned it, strong offence ($$$$) to compensate for weaker team defence($$). Remember, even before the cap we still had to work within a budget, which meant he couldn't go Rangers/Wings/leaves and sign whoever he wanted for whatever price.

The idea was never to get all star 'tending from Clouts, just to have him stop one more shot than the other team. In the regular season it worked, as his Win stats show. In the playoffs, yes he let us down...but you could also argue that when the defences tightened up in the playoffs, we still expected to score 4-5/game. It's just not realistic. Even Brian Burke would have had to blow that team up after last season, and honestly I don't think he could have gotten a better deal than Dave Nonis. At least the Panthers agree :lol:

As for the recent moves. I dunno, everybody here was willing to wave bye-bye to Carter, so we can't knock him for doing so. Maybe the Chouinard signing was a little pricey, and Bulis has been a flop thus far (although scoring a few more). Can't argue with the Pyatt trade, he's been the big body we need. The rest of the line up has been dictated by our cap room...and honestly we can't blame Dave Nonis for Brian Burkes lack of ability to draft depth.

As for Firing AV and DN...I'm sure glad they don't listen to half the crackpots we have in this city. If they listened to fan furor, the Sedin's would have been traded 3 years ago, Bertuzzi would have been traded for far less, and Brandon Reid would play on our top line.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

pretty much a perfect post there IslandNucklehead, my thoughts exactly.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I for one don't have the ability to coach in the NHL so I'll leave that to the real pros, BUT, I was at the Colorado game ( I work afternoons and can only get to so many) and AV was putting out guys on the PP that I sure wouldn't have. He was using what I would have considered maybe a 2nd PP unit for over a minute of each PP and then on would come the Sedins and Naslund. I haven't been able to see if this is a trend as we don't have a TV in my department so the games aren't always viewable. Anyone else have a comment on this?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Only reason I can see this happening (playing a 2nd pp unit first) is that we have the advantage of the last change (assuming your talking about a home game). So by putting out "the brutals," AV is effectively wasting the opponents top PK on our weaker PP guys. When the Sedin line jumps the boards, they'll either face the tired first PK, or the weaker 2nd PK unit. Again, I don't know if that was the case, but it might provide a little method to his madness.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Fire A.V?
What a stupid suggestion.
I can't even think of anything else to say..........
ENuck
AHL Prospect

Post by ENuck »

How many forums are you going to post this in? FWIW the replies are almost 100% against firing.
Last edited by ENuck on Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I'll add one more voice against firing.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
jayr
AHL Prospect

Post by jayr »

That is one of the stupidest things ive ever read, sorry pal but do you honestly think that your little "petition" would ever hold any water with any of the canuck management. Are you the same guy that phoned in on the radio to have the sedins traded? :baaa:
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: The offical "Fire Alain Vigneault" petition

Post by DavidPratt_ »

flyte wrote:I have started an online petition to fire Alain Vigneault from his head coaching duties. It is the coaching that is the major problem with this team. How many blind passes, turnovers, weak shots from the outside must you see to realize that Alain Vigneault's coaching and system is ineffective?

If you agree, please visit:

http://www.petitiononline.com/90219/petition.html

and sign this online petition.

ps: I quickly wrote the petition text, so if anyone has any comments or additions, let me know and I will update it.
So how's your petition going now? :roll:

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The guy is looking like a potential Jack Adams trophy candidate now. Not sure if we want him to win it though, cuz the kiss of death (getting fired) usually follows every coach that wins it.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The offical "Fire Alain Vigneault" petition

Post by Cornuck »

DavidPratt_ wrote: So how's your petition going now? :roll:
Appearantly not very well :)
This petition was removed because the author did not provide a full valid name. Anonymous petitions are not permitted. Authors are given three days to respond with their name before a petition is removed. If you are the author of this petition reply to the email we sent you with your full name. If you are the author and do not have the email we sent you, send an email to support@petitiononline.com asking us to reactivate your petition. Be sure to include your full name and petition ID in the email.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mozy

Post by Mozy »

why does this even come up? its not like we've lost 9 of the last 11 games...
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Priceless thread !!

Grizz