I feel sorry for Naslund.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

From a selfish perspective, I feel sorry for us...

Because unless we can muster up another Naslund for Stojanov deal (and I don't have much faith, as those are one in a million odds, well considering Nonis' pro scout team, mabye ten million), we aren't going to be able to erase so many years of draft futility up front.

It is probably going to stay rocky for a while.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

WCE, i agree... its tough to get our asses kicked and not score.... But i still love the team and ill be buried in my canucks jersey!! i think we all put alot into this team and we deserve a positive outcome, so we can all stop complaining on the boards 8-)

And i feel for the team too.... or for any NHL team for that matter. there is so much riding on their performances day in and day out. minus the big pay checks its gotta be a bit tough when your team isnt playing the way it needs to be. and i dont feel bad for Naslund for being traded to a non contender team and all that.... these guys are professional athletes and he, like the rest of the team, need to rise to the occassion and accept the challenges and kick some ass!!!
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

tuzzi44 wrote:these guys are professional athletes and he, like the rest of the team, need to rise to the occassion and accept the challenges and kick some ass!!!
And all the right things, like that, have been said already....unfortunately we are all still Canu....err..waiting for them to do just that.

Do you honestly see them putting together a winning streak? I don't at this point, there are too many weaknesses.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Well at this point, with all the injuries, inexperienced players and throw in a lack of scoring im geting a tad skeptical.... BUT theres still tons of time for the nucks to get their shit together and make something happen. they have zero confidence and in the long run thats gonna hurt them more than lack of scoring.

just remember guys... anyone who makes it to the playoffs has a shot to win it all. did anyone here predict Edmonton to be the western conference champs?? i doubt it.

im still gonna keep my head up and hope we dont get launched down the standings while were trying to deal with an injury stricken team.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Kel wrote:Fred, I don't know why but you show such a hate for NHL players. Yes, they made millions but there are also thousands of people around the world making more than them, some of whom never work half as hard or possess no special talent. Why should Joe Sakic feel worse walking past a homeless person outside GM Place than Mr Aquilini?
I don't hate NHL players, that's a simplistic retort, the question asked was in case you forget is "I feel sorry for Naslund" Now maybe you do, but I can think of a lot more people who fall into the category than Naslund. I mentioned a few who I would list way above any NHL players and yes it does intrigue me "when is enough an enough"

When you witness kids in Bangladesh scraping through garbage cans for a morsel of food, life changes. It has different effect on some mind you some just walk by and kick them out the way. Some are in the position to do some thing about some are not and some don't care. Every one has to decide which camp they're in and I hope Mr. Aqualini feels bad about it to. A little more conscience and humility could help a lot of people
cheers
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Fred wrote: A little more conscience and humility could help a lot of people
I agree with this and all, but I think the "feeling sorry" part is within the sport. Not on an overall feeling sorry for the guy. I think we realize these guys make tons of money and they should be blessed to be doing so. They should also be making contributions to their communities. We all understand that.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I feel sorry for the fans shelling out money to watch the games. :oops:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Cornuck wrote:I feel sorry for the fans shelling out money to watch the games. :oops:
I'm with Vegas,oops,Cornuck on this
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Ditto.

Being on the island I forget soemtimes how expensive that can be.

I go to one game every two seasons on average...the rest on TV.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.