I can't take it anymore

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Icebreaka
CC Veteran

I can't take it anymore

Post by Icebreaka »

3 goals in the last 4 games!

Have any incarnation of the Canucks ever had that few goals in a stretch? I'm not statstician but seriously, this is outrageous. I understood that we might win a lot of 3-2, 2-1 kind of games this year but this is downright anemic!

No team in the league is having the scoring issues like us right now I swear. And to watch the team, they are getting chances. Its one thing to be dominated and lose but to be in the game play to play and still lose continually is driving me batty. It's time for a trade, line juggle, anything left in the arsenal to get this team scoring. It's too painful to watch any more. I just don't get it. We have enough talent to score at least a couple goals a game. What is happening here? What have we done to offend those mighty hockey gods in the sky. I wish I knew. I don't blame AV, I don't blame a lot of the roster but its just getting to be too much this season. Anyone else about ready to slit their wrists over this? (figuratively, obviously)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Obviously the game was Luongo's fault. :lol: The first goal was a little weak but he was moviong and the blam for that chance goes solely on the D-men (specifically Ohlund I believe). Second goal no chance and it was just a bad break to have th puck roll on end just as Luongo was set to clear it. BUt he made several big saves once again and in all seriousness it really is hard to blame a goaltender for letting in 2 or less goals.

But don't look now but in his last 7 starts he has a 2.14 GAA and 0.925%. He's back in form and the defence is playing well.

Of course the forwards have now had 2months to figure out how to score. Up front only Henrik, Daniel, NAslund and Pyatt should be secure in their jobs (well and Kesler given he can't be traded). Morrison yet again one shot on goal...seems this guy is on a one good game-numerous bad game schedule. Cooke one shot on goal and jjust a stupid stupid stupid penalty in the first. Glad to see him down to 10 minutes a game. These are supposed to be the secondary scoring guys!

I think they have another 3 weeks or so to figure out how to score and if not some players will be spending New Years in a different city.

Looking at the out of town scoreboard Cloutier got pulled AGAIN after 3 goals on 5 shots. Seems even the Crow love affair with him is just about done. As much as I wanted Cloutier gone (for his injuries and playoff play) he was seemingly a good guy and it is almost tough to watch him struggle so much. This is not Dan Cloutier. He is not the worst goaltender in the league. Well he may be now. It seems like his groin and knee injuries have caught up to him and his lateral movement is just terrible this year.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Ya it is nice to see Luongo back in form, you can pick on him if you want but he's still the best goalie we've ever had so its hard to really point the finger at him for the teams woes. You just can't win averaging less than a goal a game. That's not hockey, that's barely even soccer!
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Icebreaka wrote:Ya it is nice to see Luongo back in form, you can pick on him if you want but he's still the best goalie we've ever had so its hard to really point the finger at him for the teams woes. You just can't win averaging less than a goal a game. That's not hockey, that's barely even soccer!
Indeed. Being in Halifax I only got to see the first period last night so watched the highlights on NHL on the Fly and they may as well pinned the loss on Luongo. Really completely ignored the scoring woes in the post game analysis.

The problem is evident:

Morrison is still only on pace for 35 points. 4 points in his last 15.

Cooke is on pace for 16 points. 3 points in his last 15.

Bulis is on pace for 23 points and no points in his last 11.

These were supposed to tbe the guys forming the secondary scoring. It's non-existent. They've had 26 games, almost a third of a season, to figure it out and they aren't doing the job. It's why I figure that if by Christmas there should be changes to the forwards unless things turn around quickly. It's one thing to have the opposition match up their top defensive players against the Sedins...it's wuite another to have an opposition that is only worried about one line. Way too easy to shut down the offence if you don't give the opposition another few players to concetrate on.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

tantalum wrote:Obviously the game was Luongo's fault. :lol:
No, it was Brian's fault because of the november wallpaper. :lol: ;)

I agree with the evident problem totally. These guys have to step up or leave. No matter what memories we share with some of them.

What i know for sure, i'm prepared for the worst and i'll keep up to be a fan of this team forever i guess. Sounds a little bit sentimental but that's how i'm feeling right now.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I'm wondering this might have just a tad more to do with AV. I know he's ebery ones poster boy right now, but ...

Here are the goal scorer on the team

Naslund 12
Pyatt 8
Morrison 6
Daniel 6
Salo 4
Bieska 4
Henrik 3

Question, Pyatt has not scored since he left the first line, on some occasions he's been on the 3rd as a checker. I know last night they put him with Morrison but frankly they're wasting him. If he had been left with the twins he would have been up to Naslund or close any way. Seems to me they're try ing to get Naslund going. How many goals would Naslund of scored if he was on the third line. Pyatt had almost as many golas as D & H togther and he hasn't played on the top line for what a dozen games ?

Strange
cheers
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

And not to forget Henrik has the most points on this squad. :? With just 3 goals ?

It's too much predictible in my eyes for everyone to shut down the right players.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

I completely agree that the Pyatt line needs to be reformed. It didn't score for a couple games and that was the end of the experiment? That makes no sense to me. Naslund was still scoring when not on the twins line as well
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

I gotta say im please that lu is playing much better.. i knew he would be back to what he can do.. so now that lu is playing well again.. why not try and play a bit more offensive game. He seems to play better when he has more shots against.. so why not press a bit more.. and what ever happend to that press that we saw in the first game against Detroit.. that seemed to work very well.. just pressure pressue pressure...
i just don't know what to say about the scoring.. right now it seems we have possibly 4 guys who can get points... thats alot to ask of four guys to win every game for you.. the opposing teams know that they just have to put there best defensive guys on the sedins and naslund.. regardless of how dangerous they look.. once they leave the ice there is no second punch.. the only why i could see this team getting more goals then currently is if they start playing more of a run and gun style of play... and for heavens sakes.. call up some guys from the farm who know what a wrist shot is... this team already has enough... "energy" guys on it right now.. why bouck and rypien.. although if one of those guys can take over cookes roll wouldn't be so bad. considering his cap hit. i don't know it just seem like AV needs to try some more offensive strategies.. its all nice and fine that we give up some of the least amount of shots.. but asking a goalie to win games 1 nothing.. and wining in shot outs 1-1 is asking alot... i know Lu is amazing.. but come on lets give him some help.. he can hold his own back there.. he is a freaking all world goalie.. why does he seem to worry so much... anyway hope they win tonite
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Definitely time for them to step up once again tonight. Lets hope AV tries to put the Sedins and Pyatt back together tonight. Good call though Broda to try a bit of all out offense for a while. I personally wouldn't rather lose a game 4-3 right now than 2-1 for sure just to get people's monkey's off their backs