Pyatt V's Naslund

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Pyatt V's Naslund

Post by Fred »

Tayloe Pyatt has not played on the Sedins line for quiet a while and yet did score 8 goals when he was there. Naslund has 12 goals and I believe has played more game with the Sedins than has Pyatt.

Without the twins Pyatt is a checker with them he produced

Naslund without the twins is still a scorer

Why did AV loose an asset like Pyatt by making him in to a grinder, they ask where the golas are this year well this would be a start IMo unless of course they felt Nas can't score without the twins.

By the way Pyatt has 8 goals Damiel has 6 goals and Henrik 3

Seems to me AV has out thought himself
cheers
Victoriafan
CC Rookie

Post by Victoriafan »

He did it because the first line of Sedins and Pyatt stopped scoring, and Naslund-Morrison-Bulis weren't scoring either. At least putting Nazzy with the Twins is a sure thing. Better to have one great line scoring than 2 mediocre lines shooting blanks. Although it looks like Mo is getting back on track; perhaps it's time to split them up again...
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

I think its definitely tine to go back to this combo. They stopped scoring for all of 2 games I think and they pulled the lines apart. It's not like Naslund plus the twins is particularily tearing up the scoreboard the last few games.

I think one of Pyatts only problems is he was going to the net but he'd put his back towards centre ice which badly effected his visibility. He also was in so deep he often didn't have time to do much with the incoming puck. I say work on that a little and get the 2 lines rolling again. I think AV is loathe to reward Bulis with any decent amount of ice time so that's effecting it. I say leave him on the 3rd and put Shultz up with Mo and Nazzy for a game.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

He could keep Cooke there for a game or two as well to see if they can rekindle anything...couldn't hurt.

Cooke is awful this year.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

Daniel is really slumping after a great start. I thought this was his break out year. I wonder if he may be spending more time looking for Naslund or Pyatt instead of doing some stuff himself. Him and Henrik were seemingly more assertive and creative earlier in the season.