If the Canucks are 10th or below by the trading deadline....

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso »

By "media" I meant that one of the first things I remember when Luongo got dealt here was that they told him that he was coming to a "goalie graveyard," and then asked him for his response to that. I almost threw something at the TV.

But with Luongo, I too expected better. No doubt in my mind, though, that he is head and shoulders better than Auld or Cloutier.

But he's always been a goalie who has played in front of a shoddy defence that has led him to get peppered with 40 shots night in, night out. Now he's facing far fewer shots, but still facing quality scoring chances. I think that's a tough transition to make.

In my mind, though, he's not the problem. I agree with Magnum44, this team does need to open up a bit, and drive to the net and maybe hold onto the puck a litle longer rather than just keep flipping it on net.

Ironically, after the Luongo trade, a part of me felt that the team would have fared better if Luongo played for a Marc Crawford team than an AV team.
Eyes on the Prize
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Momesso wrote: Ironically, after the Luongo trade, a part of me felt that the team would have fared better if Luongo played for a Marc Crawford team than an AV team.
Funny, I felt the same way but I want Bertuzzi, Allen, Auld, Carter, Luongo & Krajicek & no salary cap on my team too.
We can all dream.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Did I just respond to a troll post??? delete delete delete
trade Naslund, Luongo & Sedin...I don't care which one....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill