Alexander Edler

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

volsungr
CC Veteran

Alexander Edler

Post by volsungr »

Alexander Edler Has been recalled and Patrick Coulombe was sent back down. I think that Edler should have stayed up the whole time.

Tom Hall
yammi
CC Veteran

Post by yammi »

agree 100%
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

Seems to be the general opinion. Agreed.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I'm excited to see if he can prove himself up here, better defensivley then Fitz I'd bet

Fight Spam! Click Here!
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

I was almost hoping that AV would try a conversion - getting Coulombe to play a forward position. It's not like it would really hurt the "finish" of the team. With Daniel out might have been the perfect timing, but guess we will never know. I do like the thought of Edler on D better.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Farhan Lalji

Re: Alexander Edler

Post by Farhan Lalji »

volsungr wrote:Alexander Edler Has been recalled and Patrick Coulombe was sent back down. I think that Edler should have stayed up the whole time.

Tom Hall
Agreed.

Edler looked VERY comfortable up here. He should've stayed IMO.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: Alexander Edler

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
volsungr wrote:Alexander Edler Has been recalled and Patrick Coulombe was sent back down. I think that Edler should have stayed up the whole time.

Tom Hall
Agreed.

Edler looked VERY comfortable up here. He should've stayed IMO.
I like Edler, but I'm also a big believer (particularly with defensemen) that you don't rush them. Confidence is such a big part of that position (along with goaltending). Edler has looked steady in his time with Vancouver. Let's hope that he's eased in and learns the game so he has a lengthy NHL career.

I may sound cautious (something I'm rarely accused of) BUT Luc Bourdon looked like Dion Phaneuf in training camp over a year ago, but this past September and in his first several games (before being sent back to junior) it was obvious that he had lost his confidence. The Canucks would be wise to handle Edler properly because Edler looks like a keeper. Kevin Bieksa benefited from playing 2 seasons in the AHL and now he looks great because he's played in all game situations with the Moose. Edler just played in the WHL last season.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

You don't want to rush Alex, but he has shown he almost ready to play with the big boys. The talk here in Kelowna last spring and summer is the Canucks wanted Edler back hear for one more year. They didn't think he was ready for the AHL.

After training camp he has shown he is ready for the AHL and part time NHL.

I remember his first WHL game, he was brutal defensively. But every game he got better. Alex has alot of offensive abilties, the Rockets didn't let him show them. Coach Triut kept him to a defensive style so he could learn the North American game.

He is looking good righ now, but I would like him to finish the year with the Moose.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Post by MeesterFeester »

Ya know i've seen bad and good defensemen , butv you what really stands out with this guy is that he reads the play before it happens. He dosen't really have muscle but hell if the guy put some pounds on he would remind me of Pronger or maybe a bit of Jovo of course with the scoring and frankly that is what we need is a good hard hitting scoring defense . Now Edler he has the skills to complete the package and yes he shouldn't be rushed but I say if says he is ready to make the like the Crosby kid did then by all means step up!! 8-)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

MeesterFeester wrote:but I say if says he is ready to make the like the Crosby kid did then by all means step up!! 8-)
yeesh.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040