lines never discussed........

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

hehateme
AHL Prospect

lines never discussed........

Post by hehateme »

I am going to get ripped bigtime, but I don't think its absurd as it sounds. If the Sedins are top calibre players, shouldnt they be able to play with anyone? They should be able to set up anyone regardless if both of them are on the ice at the same time or not.
Since the team would like more balanced scoring from the first two lines what about splitting them up? What's the worst that could happen? They lose........

Henrik is more of a set up player so put him with two shooters, (atleast the best two canuck scorers) Daniel with a set up player like Morrison.

Pyatt-H.Sedin-Naslund
Bulis-Morrison-D.Sedin

or you substitute Bulis with whomever. This may not be the best combo but you can see my point. Sedins can play together on the powerplay.

K
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I've always wondered if they'll ever be tried apart, but right now is not a a good time. As skeptical as I was about the Sedins and Nazzy playing together at the beggining of the year, they have grown on me. They are pretty much the only line on the team that looks like it could score on anything but a scramble play. Let's not break up a good things just yet. If we start to lose again, I'd be willing to see any sort of combination of players to kickstart our offense.

As for the Sedins playing apart, I don't think it will do any goodl. They have instant chemistry (something that is severly lacking so far this season) and when on, are the best at cycling in the entire NHL. Breaking them apart eliminates that advantage, and while they may turn out to be solid players as individuals, they will always be better together. I can't think of a single point in their time in the NHL when they have played apart, so we have no idea what will happen if we DO break them up. ( I assume it was also always the same in Sweden, but I can't comment on that as I really don't know) For all we know they could turn out to be fairly average players by themselves. They aren't fast, and neither of them are incredible offensively. They are and always will be better together, but as I said, if we start to lose again, I don't mind seeing anything done.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Individually, the Sedins are skilled players who are defensively responsible, it's when they play together that something special happens because of their chemistry. When people say they can "play with anyone" I think that's either referring to their ability to take any THIRD player on their line and make him a scorer, or their ability to play against any line in the league, provided they're playing together.

Maybe it's workable, but it's certainly not a good idea right now, they're all we've got.
Mark
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

umm... anyone remember when Daniel was hurt and missed a bunch of games a few years ago?

Nobody new which twin was hurt because the other was invisible.

If it ani't broke, don't fix it. We have enough issues already without adding to the problem.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Someone has been hitting the "Best Lines" key in NHL 07 a little too much. MCP is right, the Pyatt/Sedins line has been our best, it's not their fault we're losing...I think it's time to call an end to the Bulis project, look to make some deals and put some spark into the "plugs" that dominate our lower lines.

I think splitting the line up into three will make it even worse, we will have no threatening lines whatsoever. I'd rather go into battle with one live bullet rather than three blanks that just make noise.