Prospect Update From the website

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Prospect Update From the website

Post by Soapy »

Coool update from the Canucks website from Nov 11th
I'm a bit suprised no one has posted & talked about it already. Its a bit old but nice to see some of the prospects coming along nicely.
Please update me on any new info !!
Grabner looks like a goal scorer eh!

http://www.canucks.com/subpage.asp?sectionID=685
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Holy Cow! Is Simek tearing it up or what? Anybody in Brandon who can say how this kid is playing beyond the stats?

Granted, this is only junior, but it seems we are building a small stable of scoring wingers. Hansen, Grabner and Simek give me hope for more scoring 2-3 years from now. That's 2-3 years down the road, though... :?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Keeping in mind we rarely get early picks the scouts seem to be collecting a few skilled players. I've heard only good things about this Mason Raymond
cheers
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I don't think you even need to wait 2 to 3 years to see some of these prospects. I am quite confident Hansen will be with the team next season. Actually, if the forwards are hit with the injury bug, you may even see Hansen up this year. Given the lack of scoring this season and disappointing showings from some FAs (ie. Bulis), I suspect DN will try to promote from within next year. Simek, with the way he has been playing, may join the club next season too. In fact, AV wanted to see more of Simek during training camp but he was unfortunately injured by Bieksa and his camp was cut short. Grabner I would say is about a couple of years away and his recent injury may have set him back a little.

I am curious what the Canucks will do about King and Balej though. Will DN try to woo them back if our GF ranks among the bottom of the league by the end of the season?
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

gobi wrote:I don't think you even need to wait 2 to 3 years to see some of these prospects. I am quite confident Hansen will be with the team next season. Actually, if the forwards are hit with the injury bug, you may even see Hansen up this year. Given the lack of scoring this season and disappointing showings from some FAs (ie. Bulis), I suspect DN will try to promote from within next year. Simek, with the way he has been playing, may join the club next season too. In fact, AV wanted to see more of Simek during training camp but he was unfortunately injured by Bieksa and his camp was cut short. Grabner I would say is about a couple of years away and his recent injury may have set him back a little.

I am curious what the Canucks will do about King and Balej though. Will DN try to woo them back if our GF ranks among the bottom of the league by the end of the season?
The Canucks seemed to have picked up a few 'sleepers'. Hansen, Edler and Rahimi are guys who could turn out to be very solid NHLers. Good to see because the Canucks definitely had some 'dog' years. I'm still getting over Libor Polasek.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

DavidPratt_ wrote:The Canucks seemed to have picked up a few 'sleepers'. Hansen, Edler and Rahimi are guys who could turn out to be very solid NHLers. Good to see because the Canucks definitely had some 'dog' years. I'm still getting over Libor Polasek.

dp
It's kind of ironic but it seems like some of the later picks are turning out better than the higher ranked picks.

One thing I would like to see. The Canucks has a surplus of goalie prospects right now. The Canucks may think about trading a couple of those G prospects for a forward or defensive prospect. The only G prospect that I see as untouchable is probably Schneider.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »