10 Most Disappointing Players so far

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

yammi
CC Veteran

10 Most Disappointing Players so far

Post by yammi »

Of this list of the 10 most disappointing players, THREE are ex-Canucks that Nonis had the sense to cut ties with.

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/9792900
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Seems kind of mean for Bertuzzi to headline the list when injury has been his problem...
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

He's from South Florida, Bertuzzi didn't score 700 Goals in the first game, Bertuzzi is now injured, guess who's #1 on his list? Todd Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi has done what his skill set allows him to do, dominate the games he's played for Florida, and yet you have these so called "experts" in American media putting down the players. If Luongo had been offered a long term contact, he would not have been traded. I love how he over sees Allen and Auld's contributions also.

To be fair to Gerber, Ray Emery resigned as a restricted free agent, he's 24, he still needs some development before he can reach a No.1 Status. Gerber was brought in to support that. I do not believe Ottawa is just handing Gerber the #1 spot, and as far as I can tell, he's brought in to push Emery to a higher level. And Emery is doing just that with a 1.86GAA 0.94SV% over 6 games.

Alex Tanguay is a gifted player. He's played 15 games under a complete new style of play, and yet this media critic is expecting him to light it up? 10 points in 15 games isn't great, but not bad for someone playing with a completly different system. Look at Markus Naslund, he had 1 more point then Tanguay last season, and this season is 2 points ahead of Tanguay. While both players are playing a different style of system. I love what I've seen from Naslund, but I haven't seen any Calgary games yet.

Next up, Rob Blake. When you play 23 minutes on a team with Dan Cloutier as your goalie, and your 36, you simply do not have good stats. Rob Blake is Rob Blake, blame his bad stats on Clouts.

Anson Carter. I believe we all agree.

Dan Cloutier.Dan Cloutier.Dan Cloutier.

I hate the media. Pick some one with bad stats, then blame them, heck find someone injured and blame them. I'm surprised he did'nt put Naslund on this list.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

The only real questionable choice is Bertuzzi. Most of the other guys just haven't delivered.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Where is Luongo on the list?
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

You have got to be kidding me. Most people are putting far too much pressure on this guy, no wonder its a complete graveyard. The guy can't stop every puck, nobody can, and with the amount of tip ins going in, it's only a matter of time til the bounces start going his way.
yammi
CC Veteran

Post by yammi »

Island Nucklehead wrote:You have got to be kidding me. Most people are putting far too much pressure on this guy, no wonder its a complete graveyard. The guy can't stop every puck, nobody can, and with the amount of tip ins going in, it's only a matter of time til the bounces start going his way.
Just ignore this JamesownzSam goof ... he's obviously a troll and I wonder why Brian hasn't already given him the bounce.