Lets be honest kids, Luongo is not living up to the hype

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

To say Messier just rode the Oilers dynasty is a joke.

Messier has more hockey history in his pinky finger then the whole Canucks orginzation
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

You know what's a joke? Someone who has nothing better to do with thier time then comming to a website of a team he probably doesn't even like, just to try to agrivate the rest of the posters with avatars and comparisons to a player who you probably don't even care about, just to try to get a reaction. Get a hobby or something!
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Why does every thread by this author ends up in a Messier conversation??
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Badfish wrote:You know what's a joke? Someone who has nothing better to do with thier time then comming to a website of a team he probably doesn't even like, just to try to agrivate the rest of the posters with avatars and comparisons to a player who you probably don't even care about, just to try to get a reaction. Get a hobby or something!
Don't be a downer.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
LiveFromVCR
AHL Prospect

Re: Lets be honest kids, Luongo is not living up to the hype

Post by LiveFromVCR »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:and the 6.75 million dollar a year contract.

He has played so-so..got one shutout ( though that was against a minor like team like Chicago) has yet to steal the Canucks any games ( The refs gave that game to the Canucks against Dallas)

Oh sure you can go on and on about the D, but that doesn't matter with the type of money he is making he has to come through.

It may be early, but if he doesn't pick it up I see another Messier type era coming, except worse because The contract is bigger and longer....and Luongo doesn't have the excuse of being in his very late 30s.

Buddy...he's one player. You can't single out one player because the Canucks aren't playing well.If you want to start blaming people why don't you look at the guys who are playing in front of Luongo and are letting the skaters get passed them.Luongo isn't superman he can't stop everything he sees.I don't care how much he's making,he's human just like you and I. Let's stop this bashing Luongo crap because it's getting really old and bores me.Fact is Luongo WILL be the best goaltender to ever play in Vancouver hands down.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Hey everyone. I'm locking this thread, it is degenerating fast.

JamesOwnsSam...i've warned you already about this. Cut the schtick, or you're out of here.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.