McCaw sells share of the Canucks to Alliquini?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

McCaw sells share of the Canucks to Alliquini?

Post by levelheaded »

According to the Team 1040 it is so... To be expected I geuss. No link yet...
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

lol we posted virtually at the same time.

I deleted mine.

this is good news. 100% local ownership
Last edited by mattola on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

For the love of god don't switch back to the vintages.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

McCaw was a good owner and turned this club from its sorry state to respectability and made it a profitable franchise.
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

Link: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 36&k=25794
VANCOUVER (CP) - The Aquilini Investment Group has entered into an agreement to purchase the remaining 50 per cent of the Vancouver Canucks and GM Place arena from Seattle businessman John McCaw, the NHL team announced Wednesday.

The Aquilini group, owned by Vancouver businessmen Francesco, Roberto and Paolo Aquilini, originally purchased 50 per cent of the Canucks and the arena from McCaw in November of 2004.

"Today's announcement is exciting for our family and we are proud that we will be the 100 per cent owners of this great franchise and world class facility," Francesco Aquilini, the managing director of the Aquilini Investment Group, said in a release.

"The business of hockey in Vancouver is very strong now and John McCaw deserves credit for that."

McCaw, a reclusive figure who rarely addresses the media, became the Canucks majority owner in November of 1996.

"Owning the Canucks has been an honour and I am proud of the work the organization has done in Vancouver over the years," McCaw said in a release. "I am confident that the business is in a very strong position moving forward.

"I know I am leaving the team in good hands."

The transaction between the Aquilini Investment Group and McCaw is expected to close early in 2007. The sale is subject to NHL approval.

The Aquilini Investment Group is a multifaceted family business, which was founded by Luigi Aquilini almost 50 years ago. The company, whose head office is in Vancouver, has real estate holdings and operating entities located in almost all major cities across Canada.
The Mcaw era finally ends in Vancouver. Worst move he ever did was insisting on signing Messier..... Not sure what Aguillini is going to do differently..just hope he doesn't pull a Charles Wang.

I'm just glad that the Nucks are back in Local hands again.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Hoping Aquilini won't interefere too much.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

For the love of god don't switch back to the vintages.

For the love of God, please do switch back to the vintages from the Orca Bay corporate logo.....
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

The vintages have nothing to do with Vancouver...and are just ugly, at least the Whale has something to do with Vancouver.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:The vintages have nothing to do with Vancouver...and are just ugly, at least the Whale has something to do with Vancouver.
Hey how much does a Maple Leaf have to do with Toronto, smog maybe but a Maple Leaf, it's almost an endangered species down town TO :lol:
cheers
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

jchockey wrote:Hoping Aquilini won't interefere too much.
I won't hold my breath. I read several reports of him trying influence Nonis's decisions after missing the playoffs.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:The vintages have nothing to do with Vancouver...and are just ugly, at least the Whale has something to do with Vancouver.
True enough it has nothing to do with Vancouver but ugly ??? ... guess thats just a matter of personal preference ... as far as I am concerned its classic ... don't like the "modern" jerseys with all the cartoon drawings nearly as much. Again ... just a matter of individual taste.

Grizz
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

The vintages have nothing to do with Vancouver...and are just ugly, at least the Whale has something to do with Vancouver.
Sort of like how having a picture of an ugly Mark Messier holding the Cup has nothing to do with Vancouver?

And unfortunately for the rest of us... you're still here. :lol:
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

The Colours are fine...though I think maybe it's a little much with them.

Nobody liked them back in the 70s I don't see why everyone loves them now...besides mostly everybody doesn't even see the C.

It would lose it's appeal in two weeks....besides do we really need a new jersey every 5 years it seems.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I for one hope the new owners take a page out of McCaws book and stay out of the spotlight! Hire the proper people to run the team and stay away.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister