Nedved recalled in hopes of claim.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Nedved recalled in hopes of claim.

Postby Island Nucklehead » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:34 pm

On the hook for half of his 1.5 million salary might be attractive to someone...definately a fading player nearing the end. The million dollar question, would a change of scenery do him good? And is he worth the risk at the price?

I'm guessing probably not. Got all sorts of time in every situation with philly and couldn't get a point. Only managed 7 shots in 6 games.

I hope nobody claims him, even though Clarke is gone from the GM's job, I hope that franchise rots away for a couple years.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Mantle » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:39 pm

With the success Nedved had in Edmonton a few years ago, I wonder if they would pick him up for just 750k. I think they have lots of cap room left.
Mantle
CC Veteran

Postby Fred » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:50 pm

Mantle wrote:With the success Nedved had in Edmonton a few years ago, I wonder if they would pick him up for just 750k. I think they have lots of cap room left.

Wasn't Neddy's wife another one that didn't want to suffer the fate of living in Edmonton ?
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby jchockey » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:55 pm

If I were Ottawa I'd seriously consider picking him up. They're lacking a #2 centremen (who knew losing Smolinski would hurt this bad) and Nedved's fairly cheap for what he can bring to the table. A much cheaper option than Brendan Morrison (who I want to stay) of course.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Postby Mantle » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:44 pm

Fred wrote:Wasn't Neddy's wife another one that didn't want to suffer the fate of living in Edmonton ?

In any case, IIRC Nedved would be an UFA again at the end of this season anyways so she might not even have to move again.
Mantle
CC Veteran

Re: Nedved recalled in hopes of claim.

Postby gobi » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:20 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:I hope that franchise rots away for a couple years.

Or at least until Kesler breaks out to be the next Gretzky.
Why do you keep banging your head on the wall?
Because it feels good when I stop.
gobi
MVP
MVP

Postby Jyrki21 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:41 am

Mantle wrote:
Fred wrote:Wasn't Neddy's wife another one that didn't want to suffer the fate of living in Edmonton ?

In any case, IIRC Nedved would be an UFA again at the end of this season anyways so she might not even have to move again.

Moot point: they've split up:

Wikipedia wrote:Nedved married supermodel Veronika Va?eková in 2004. One reason he requested that the Phoenix Coyotes trade him in early 2006 to a team on the Eastern Coast was to be closer to his wife, who works primarily in New York City. However during the summer of 2006, Petr and his wife separated. Nedved now lives in Southern New Jersey.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby jchockey » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:35 am

He cleared waivers today without getting picked up.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Return to Canucks Corner Chat