Shades of Mario

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Shades of Mario

Post by Meerschaum »

Did you see Malkin's goal tonight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQTcVqk8pM

HOLY CRAP is pretty much all I can say!

(Okay, nice feed by Crosby too.)

You know, the Pens might actually have a shot at the playoffs with their crazy collection of young stars.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

the pens will make the playoffs no doubt in my eyes- they got a lot of hunger in their youngsters,.
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Yea, all I could think about while watching the highlights tonight was "Wow, whatever city ends up with the Penguins should be set for a few cups in the next 3-6 years, long as they can keep those two. And with Stall and Andre-Fleury.... wow. there's a core to build a franchise around.

What a gorgeous goal. I hope he's an all-season long highlight reel. :mrgreen:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Damn, i thought of picking Malkin in the pool and then he got his injury. :twisted:
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

Well thats what happens when you're the worst team in the league/// you get the highest pick.... they did that for what? 5 years in a row? Now its paying off, I could see this coming
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

Man o man!
Sure would be nice to see Kesler make moves like that.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

in some ways finishing low is a good idea in the long term on this evidence.
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Post by nuxfanindallas »

I'm so jealous.

It's almost worth just totally tanking for five years....do you think the NHL would allow us to have a "rollover" plan with our cap? Let's just tank it, spend only to the floor, save 15 mil in cap space for five years, and then make a real run with 5 number 1 draft picks and a 100 mil payroll.

Now THAT's a good idea.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

nuxfanindallas wrote:I'm so jealous.

It's almost worth just totally tanking for five years....do you think the NHL would allow us to have a "rollover" plan with our cap? Let's just tank it, spend only to the floor, save 15 mil in cap space for five years, and then make a real run with 5 number 1 draft picks and a 100 mil payroll.

Now THAT's a good idea.
this is what has always been sad about our Canucks. We were never good enough to win a stanley cup where we could trade youth to get that one player that would make the difference yet we never sucked bad enough where we would get a #1 or 2 draft pick (Sedins aside)

we suck at sucking.
we suck at winning.
next year we have 10 guys we need to sign and we are at $34M in locked up players. now that sucks

I went off topic

Malkin is awesome.

Malkin, Staal, Crosby, Fleury, Malone jebus this team is going to rock as they develop

that sucks
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Between them and Atlanta, there's a new force of young teams coming up from the East.

Of course, thanks to the idiots who devised the schedule, you won't see them anytime soon, or often.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Remember when Pittsburgh had Lemieux, Tocchet, Stevens, Jagr and Coffey? Never thought it was possible, but we may see an even more impressive lineup in a couple years.
Mark
Mantle
CC Veteran

Post by Mantle »

MarkMM wrote:Remember when Pittsburgh had Lemieux, Tocchet, Stevens, Jagr and Coffey? Never thought it was possible, but we may see an even more impressive lineup in a couple years.
Even more amazing is that you left the #4 scorer of all time off that list.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Mantle wrote:
MarkMM wrote:Remember when Pittsburgh had Lemieux, Tocchet, Stevens, Jagr and Coffey? Never thought it was possible, but we may see an even more impressive lineup in a couple years.
Francis always flew under the radar but at the end of the year there he was putting up a mountain of points.

What Penguins fans have to be excited about when they look at Malkin and Crosby is not just that they are young but that Crosby is actually a full year younger than Malkin (and two years younger than Ovechkin).
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The only question I have is...when Malkin and Crosby both want 7 mil per. Fleury will want 4-5 mil, who knows about Staal. You think WE have it tough for depth? The new cap era will screw them too in the long run, I think you'll see the Pens having to trade away some pieces to that puzzle before they get to free agency/too expensive...not to mention Gonch is taking 5mil per for a couple more seasons.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Mantle wrote:
D'oh! Unreal how a team could have that much talent. You know, if the Sedins continue to improve, if Nathan Smith turns out like we hoped he would, if Roberto can be a superstar we all dreamed of, if Naslund and Morrison can find their magic and turn Pyatt into a Bertuzzi, if Kesler can play like Peca, if Krajicek can mature even faster and Bourdon turn into Phaneuf...nope, we'd still be behind that team!
Mark