Shades of Mario

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Shades of Mario

Postby Meerschaum » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:22 pm

Did you see Malkin's goal tonight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQTcVqk8pM

HOLY CRAP is pretty much all I can say!

(Okay, nice feed by Crosby too.)

You know, the Pens might actually have a shot at the playoffs with their crazy collection of young stars.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Postby UK Canuck » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:15 am

the pens will make the playoffs no doubt in my eyes- they got a lot of hunger in their youngsters,.
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Postby Badfish » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:28 am

Yea, all I could think about while watching the highlights tonight was "Wow, whatever city ends up with the Penguins should be set for a few cups in the next 3-6 years, long as they can keep those two. And with Stall and Andre-Fleury.... wow. there's a core to build a franchise around.

What a gorgeous goal. I hope he's an all-season long highlight reel. :mrgreen:
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Postby Cookie La Rue » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:32 am

Damn, i thought of picking Malkin in the pool and then he got his injury. :twisted:
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby Nanaimo_Nuck » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:33 am

Well thats what happens when you're the worst team in the league/// you get the highest pick.... they did that for what? 5 years in a row? Now its paying off, I could see this coming
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Postby trevor corey » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:44 am

Man o man!
Sure would be nice to see Kesler make moves like that.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Postby UK Canuck » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:55 am

in some ways finishing low is a good idea in the long term on this evidence.
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Postby nuxfanindallas » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:02 am

I'm so jealous.

It's almost worth just totally tanking for five years....do you think the NHL would allow us to have a "rollover" plan with our cap? Let's just tank it, spend only to the floor, save 15 mil in cap space for five years, and then make a real run with 5 number 1 draft picks and a 100 mil payroll.

Now THAT's a good idea.
nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Postby mattola » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:31 am

nuxfanindallas wrote:I'm so jealous.

It's almost worth just totally tanking for five years....do you think the NHL would allow us to have a "rollover" plan with our cap? Let's just tank it, spend only to the floor, save 15 mil in cap space for five years, and then make a real run with 5 number 1 draft picks and a 100 mil payroll.

Now THAT's a good idea.

this is what has always been sad about our Canucks. We were never good enough to win a stanley cup where we could trade youth to get that one player that would make the difference yet we never sucked bad enough where we would get a #1 or 2 draft pick (Sedins aside)

we suck at sucking.
we suck at winning.
next year we have 10 guys we need to sign and we are at $34M in locked up players. now that sucks

I went off topic

Malkin is awesome.

Malkin, Staal, Crosby, Fleury, Malone jebus this team is going to rock as they develop

that sucks
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Cornuck » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:45 am

Between them and Atlanta, there's a new force of young teams coming up from the East.

Of course, thanks to the idiots who devised the schedule, you won't see them anytime soon, or often.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby MarkMM » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:26 am

Remember when Pittsburgh had Lemieux, Tocchet, Stevens, Jagr and Coffey? Never thought it was possible, but we may see an even more impressive lineup in a couple years.
Mark
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Mantle » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:19 pm

MarkMM wrote:Remember when Pittsburgh had Lemieux, Tocchet, Stevens, Jagr and Coffey? Never thought it was possible, but we may see an even more impressive lineup in a couple years.

Even more amazing is that you left the #4 scorer of all time off that list.
Mantle
CC Veteran

Postby tantalum » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:39 pm

Mantle wrote:
MarkMM wrote:Remember when Pittsburgh had Lemieux, Tocchet, Stevens, Jagr and Coffey? Never thought it was possible, but we may see an even more impressive lineup in a couple years.

Francis always flew under the radar but at the end of the year there he was putting up a mountain of points.

What Penguins fans have to be excited about when they look at Malkin and Crosby is not just that they are young but that Crosby is actually a full year younger than Malkin (and two years younger than Ovechkin).
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Island Nucklehead » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:00 pm

The only question I have is...when Malkin and Crosby both want 7 mil per. Fleury will want 4-5 mil, who knows about Staal. You think WE have it tough for depth? The new cap era will screw them too in the long run, I think you'll see the Pens having to trade away some pieces to that puzzle before they get to free agency/too expensive...not to mention Gonch is taking 5mil per for a couple more seasons.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby MarkMM » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:35 pm

Mantle wrote:

D'oh! Unreal how a team could have that much talent. You know, if the Sedins continue to improve, if Nathan Smith turns out like we hoped he would, if Roberto can be a superstar we all dreamed of, if Naslund and Morrison can find their magic and turn Pyatt into a Bertuzzi, if Kesler can play like Peca, if Krajicek can mature even faster and Bourdon turn into Phaneuf...nope, we'd still be behind that team!
Mark
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat