5 on 3's

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5 on 3's

Postby Madcombinepilot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:47 pm

while that could be a great topic for a start to a decent Wednesday evening... I am actually talking about penalties against the canucks for the last 3 games.

Is anyone else a little concerned about the fact we have given up eight (perhaps 9) 5 on 3 powerplays against in the last 3 games?

I am not blaming the ref's for last nights loss (Turco played a great game) but I am really getting sick of the Canucks making bad decisions while killing penalties. I am not sure if the players have been told that they can get away with a little more while on the PK, or are simply reacting in the heat of the moment, but I am concerned that the Canucks do not seem to be getting the same treatment while they are on the Powerplay. Last night, I saw just as many weak infractions that were not called while we were on the PP as I saw called against us while we were on the PK. And thats been happening for the last couple games. I think I am frustrated because I see a Canuck get crosschecked from behind, in the back of the head, knocked to the ice, all during a scramble in front of the net with about 30 seconds left ,and (no surprise) no call.

I have been harping about this for years.

The ref's MUST be more consistent. If it's a penalty in the first, it's a penalty in the third (or OT for that matter), and the color of the jersey and the penalty count against each team should have NOTHING to do with the call.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Postby Kel » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:09 pm

One interesting note is that last season, especially in the beginning, the Canucks penalty kill was weak but they won games by having more PPs than their opponents. They were also accused of lacking effort, heart, and grit. This season it's the complete opposite. They are taking more penalties, having a PK and showed more effort, heart, and grit. One has to wonder if the two things are related. Let's hope they can reduce the penalty minutes while maintaining their effort level.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Penalties

Postby clearwatercanuck » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:47 pm

I agree that the Canucks are still taking to many penalties, this comes from lack of mental discipline and lack of speed/acceleration in some players. Was it just me or did Linden seem really tired against Dallas. P.S I really think we need a Russian speedster on the team to accelerate the PP. There are no Russians on the current roster. Anyhow the penalties that are getting called are pissing me off. NHL rules are too babyish, Actually it's the players that are that way because they can't play by the rules so they cheat. Players cheating now are: Henrik Sedin(Forgiven due to assists), Morrison, Bulis, Burrows, Krajicek, Ohlund. When you gotta skate, skate don't grab.

L8R
clearwatercanuck
MVP
MVP

Postby Nanaimo_Nuck » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:45 am

Here's a solution... ONE REFEREE system NOT TWO

Heres why... One tries to rule out the other one and they try to even up the scoring to make it fair because one ref might not like that call or it wasnt fair so now we gotta hook the other team up

ONE REF system, less penalties more 5 on 5 less cheesy penalties tryin to make it super fair just play the fuckin game
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Return to Canucks Corner Chat