Taylor Pyatt- good signing?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Taylor Pyatt- good signing?

Post by UK Canuck »

for me i think that was a great bit of business if he keeps it up we are a certainty for the playoffs- we need him to score because we dont have too many scorers. whats your opinion?
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Well for one, he was a trade. ;)
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

sarchasm is the lowest form of wit.

or is it the highest form of intelligence?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

A little early to say but he's doing better than many expected. In all honesty most here think you could put a fire hydrant with the Sedins and it would score :D
cheers
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

He doing better than I thought U.K . The guy can't skate worth a shit so the fact he has 4 goals is all that much more impressive. I guess as long as he can stay upright long enough to get to the front of the net the Sedins will set him up . He seems to have faitrly soft hands and a decent shot, as long as he knows his limitations and plays witin them he should get by ok.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

ververgaert wrote:He doing better than I thought U.K . The guy can't skate worth a shit so the fact he has 4 goals is all that much more impressive.
Well, the guy who he should maybe be modelling himself after is Dave Andreychuk, who also couldn't skate... but as long as the finish is there, the Twins will get him the puck.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

It was a safe move, for $700k he's at worst an affordable third-liner who is big and defensively responsible, at best, he can be a poor-man's (but bargain-priced) power forward. I think we're going to get something in between, he'll have his ups and downs, but he'll be a good-value contributor.
Last edited by MarkMM on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

I really think leave him with the Twins and give us 2 valid scoring lines. Well worth his 700k if that continues to work.
MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

I've been a Pyatt fan since day 1, having a 7"0' body in front of the net is a good idea. 8-)
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

When Taylor Pyatt is one of your leading goal-scorers, your team needs scoring help. ;)
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

MacNews wrote:I've been a Pyatt fan since day 1, having a 7"0' body in front of the net is a good idea. 8-)
Too bad El Viño won't figure this out, and is content to play the perimeter game every PP. :mad:
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Jyrki21 wrote:
MacNews wrote:I've been a Pyatt fan since day 1, having a 7"0' body in front of the net is a good idea. 8-)
Too bad El Viño won't figure this out, and is content to play the perimeter game every PP. :mad:
Tonight they had Pyatt in front of the net a lot, the problem was getting control of the puck in the zone, but they even commented that Pyatt had been warned by the refs about bumping the goalie because he'd been in front of the net so much on the power play.
Mark
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

if thats true then that sucks- i think goaltenders get to much prtection- i believe they should be allowed to be hit just like any other guy on the ice- for that matter so should the refs :lol:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

UK Canuck wrote:i think goaltenders get to much prtection- i believe they should be allowed to be hit just like any other guy on the ice- for that matter so should the refs :lol:
If that would be the case, we all really have to pray for Roberto's health every gameday. Bad idea.

But the refs is a good one. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

I dont mean within their area but if they come out of it i say their fair game.