The end of Enforcers?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Postby Cookie La Rue » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:34 am

ververgaert wrote:Gino had 16 goals one season including 7 game winners. He would also go after anyone who did a teamate wrong not just the other teams enforcer.

Look here's the deal, if your teams tough guy can handle the other teams tough guy all the players on your team play a little bigger knowing that if the beaten tough guy tries to do anything about it he will be beaten again. Get it?

Exactly verv, Gino was more than just a goon, an excellent team player also with some hockey skills.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby UK Canuck » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:15 am

Cookie La Rue wrote:
ververgaert wrote:Gino had 16 goals one season including 7 game winners. He would also go after anyone who did a teamate wrong not just the other teams enforcer.

Look here's the deal, if your teams tough guy can handle the other teams tough guy all the players on your team play a little bigger knowing that if the beaten tough guy tries to do anything about it he will be beaten again. Get it?

Exactly verv, Gino was more than just a goon, an excellent team player also with some hockey skills.

would you class darcy tucker in that category? a lot of peopel hate tucker- i do for the fact he is a leaf but i rate him as a player.
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Postby Nanaimo_Nuck » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:20 am

Well you what else is bad too for some players and fighting is CONCUSSIONS

Sure it's awesome to watch and it is manly and such but it also poses a health concern to players as well. Remember when Jovo one punched Adam Deadmarsh?

Deadmarsh was a good player with skill. His career was shattered by that punch.

I like the fighting but only once in awhile. It detrimental to the team sometimes and can really ruin a game and other times it can pump a team up for example "WE KICKED THEIR ASS MAN!" ...it can really bring on confidence.
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Postby UK Canuck » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:28 am

YEAH I SUPPOSE IT AS ITS GOOD AND BAD POINTS REALY :lol:
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Postby Cookie La Rue » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:15 am

UK Canuck wrote:would you class darcy tucker in that category? a lot of peopel hate tucker- i do for the fact he is a leaf but i rate him as a player.

He's one of the current Leafs leading scorer. :twisted:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby UK Canuck » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:52 am

i know - he has a bit of everything does darcy- i dont have a bd word to say about his game.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat