Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich; who would you rather listen to

Pratt and Taylor
47%
Marjanovich
53%

Total votes: 30

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mr perfect wrote:
Joe Rockhead wrote:Mr Pratt entertainment is one thing but you seriously can't tell me that our local media didn't have a serious hate on for Todd Bertuzzi. Or that they contrived to spread unfounded rumors and undermine his value to the team in an effort to get him out of town.When the media gets its pink panties in a knot and try to influence the personal on a team because of personal and not perfomance reasons its no longer entertainment but petty bitchery run amok.
Well said Joe. It's already started between the media and Luongo and we have seen it here on this board with B. Mackin himself.
Who is "B Mackin" ? And what handle does he post under ?
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:What's with B-Mac's snow white lid these days? He is only about 51 or 52, but he looks 20 years older with that Ted Knight like hair do. :?
You know that you can start a *new* thread don't you? You don't have to ressurect the dead ones. :)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Joe,

Wake up and smell the coffee. Todd Bertuzzi performed a stupid stunt which ended a player's career and now proceeds to blame Marc Crawford for it years later. Bertuzzi behaved like a spoiled brat in his final season as a Vancouver Canuck. If you haven't noticed, his career has gone downhill since. Brian Burke overpaid to sign him, and many in the media wonder why.

dp

Joe Rockhead wrote:Mr Pratt entertainment is one thing but you seriously can't tell me that our local media didn't have a serious hate on for Todd Bertuzzi. Or that they contrived to spread unfounded rumors and undermine his value to the team in an effort to get him out of town.When the media gets its pink panties in a knot and try to influence the personal on a team because of personal and not perfomance reasons its no longer entertainment but petty bitchery run amok.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Come on DP. Your not talking to a kid here.I was paying attention to the Canucks and the media talk shows before Bertuzzi smacked that chickenshit Moore. The war against Todd Bertuzzi and his obvious disdane for the local media was going strong way before he wacked the bitch.

Dp he pleaded guilty in a court of law. He went on t.v and apologized days later.You can't just make stuff up , stick your head in the sand and pretend that its real. Steve "the bitch" Moore named more than one person in his lawsuit so even that pile of shit thinks there are other cicumstances.

Gee Bertuzzi pouted! You fucks made his and his wife and his kids life a living hell!! WTF did you expect? asshole!

I have no Idea what B.B paid Todd Bertuzzi for this serason. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to that part of the game. I would amagine it was about 4 mill a season. I think he got 40 points in sixty games while playing mostly on a third line. He suffered a concusion early . not to bad. Why does this bother you? You do know his goals and assists are of the highlight real variety don't you? This game is about entertainment right?

Now we watched Bertuzzi treated like shit, Naslund treated like shit and now the only other naturally talented player on this team, Roberto Luongo is seemingly next. Are you guys only going to be happy when we have a team full of Keselers?
Don Cherry for P.M.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Markus Naslund has produced little for $6M. What is wrong with the media saying that is so? Roberto Luongo is a great goalie, but he played poorly in his last 10-15 games. If he played a little better down the stretch, don't you think the Canucks could have stolen a few points and Vancouver would have made the playoffs?

As for Kesler - I like Ryan Kesler. The Cancucks could use more Keslers in their lineup.

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Marcus Naslund has not had anyone with an ounce of skill to play with. Do you mention that everytime you cut him up? The main focus this season seemed to me to run Nazzy out of town. Don't tell me the Sedins have skill Dave. We both know they are a two man unit that has not had a rw for so long they don't even look anymore.

Luongo played poorly? The whole team played poorly! How much can one man do? He dosn't get any slack for playing seventy games in a row? Maybe he got tired? Maybe he got sick of being hung out to dry by Big Willie.

So they steal a few points and make the playoffs, then what ? We get to watch them embarass themselves by getting shutout three times and still win a series? Or get treated like little girls by the Ducks? No thanks.

Yeah Keselers a fine one man show on the third line. He has no idea how to use his linemates. The last guy I saw like him was Ron Sedalbauer.By the way If Keseler clears that puck against Colorado on one of his two chances the Canucks probably do make it to the playoffs. Not so much with the two points but without the media harrasing Luongo about throwing his teamates under the bus the team probably stays focused.;

By the way you didn't respond to my comments on your last post. Why can't you just come out and admit that if a top player on the Canucks is anything less than media friendly you have no problem upseting the chemistry of that team with half facts, madeup facts and non stop negativity, and I do mean nonstop.
Don Cherry for P.M.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

I love it. CHUM gets the Canucks radio broadcast rights, and the TEAM gets attacked for going soft like NW did. Now, if certain members complain that a top player is not playing well, the media is too negative. Face the facts:

1. Naslund was overpaid at $6M for what he has delivered the past few season. Vigneault has played him with multiple players including the Sedins. 25 goals is not worth $6M. PERIOD.

2. Luongo tanked in the last 15 games. Blame his personal issues, but if he stole a game or two, the Canucks would have made the playoffs.

3. Todd Bertuzzi has lost it by the way. Plain and simple.

Stop blaming the media for stating the obvious.

DP

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

DavidPratt_ wrote:Joe,

Wake up and smell the coffee. Todd Bertuzzi performed a stupid stunt which ended a player's career and now proceeds to blame Marc Crawford for it years later. Bertuzzi behaved like a spoiled brat in his final season as a Vancouver Canuck. If you haven't noticed, his career has gone downhill since. Brian Burke overpaid to sign him, and many in the media wonder why.

dp
Legally Bertuzzi is doing the right ting, he's simply spreading the pain ( financial)

Naslund did not perform to his past skill level. Every one thought it was a good move when they signed him. But it didn't work out that way. A Great person and what ever his next career is I wish him well. It's a tough time in any ones career, the ..... end and how to handle it. Financially he's likely worth as much as Kesler and if you recall Linden was once on 3.5 and ended at 750K . Is that waht Naslund wants. He has his family to consider, schooling and as he stated in-laws have never seen much of the children etc. Why he would want to continue is not clear to me.

But the fact is they expected a certain ability and he didn't bring it. Morrison, jury still out, he was injured.

But what ever or who ever is signed you have to think the next season model will be an improvment with extra money avaiable.

I just thank DN that he was able to hold off the owners wish to jettison the young propects for short term gain.
cheers
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

D.P what do you mean CHUM got the Canucks broadcast rights?Does this mean they will can Shorthouse and get someone that actually calls the play while the play is going on?One can only hope

Yes they did play him (Naslund) with various players, that was the problem. They got rid of a skilled player(Bertuzzi) and put Naslund with chicken shit and expected him to make chicken salad. The Sedins were not a good fit for Naslund because they don't use the third member of the line effectivly(or the points for that matter).

Luongo was left out to dry by the Canucks defence. Come on man! You can't be serious.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Joe Rockhead wrote: When this asshole said anyone that supports Bertuzzi is not a hockey fan, I thought of hunting him down and kicking the shit out off him. Still might.
Well I'm sure glad you don't hold a grudge.

Rumor has it that taylor has been working out a lot lately. He might not be as big of a pussy as you think. How would you feel if he beat the shit out of you ? :lol:
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Wouldn't that suck ! Imagine that if I was calling him a fag on the street and running him down in front of a bunch of people and he turned around and tuned me up!! Imagine if some one there had a cell phone and put it on you tube!!

I don't know if I'd really kick the shit outta him or not , depends on how much I had to drink I'd figure. That said I'm a hair under 6'4" and weigh 215, and probably had atleast a hundred street fights(although they've been few and far between in recent years).Whether he works out or not I can't see it happening. I hate him more.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I think I know who we should sign for the fourth line! Joe! He's violent, big and he's passionate about the Canucks... perhaps without equal.

Sign him up.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

DavidPratt_ wrote:Ex-pros have their place, but other than Don Cherry can be pretty boring. Need I remind everyone that sports broadcasting is ENTERTAINMENT?

dp

Then when will you start producing an entertaining show?
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

I think the radio shows would be alot more entertaining if the personal vendettes were put aside and players were given credit (or not)for what they did in the game previous instead of constantly dragging up past performances. They don't even take the time to analize why things may not be going as they once were. You know injuries to linemates, a coaches system, lack of other skilled lines to take some pressure off, the effect constant negativity of the media has on bringing them down. Shit like that.

" He had a good game last night, FINALLY!! Where has this been? He's been a major dissapiontment for so long!! There paying him umpteen millions(like its their money, they don't even pay for their tickets).

Why always follow one positive statement with 5 mins of negativity?Were basicaly listening to two guys jerking each other off. Its fuckin" sickining.; Rintool and B- Mack are by far the worst but Pratt and Taylor arn't too far behind.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Hey Pratt!! How about my own show?? The Joe Rockhead hour!! I'll be the anti- media!!
Don Cherry for P.M.